Buying laptop so confused

Pilpup4

Baseband Member
Hi all, as the title suggests I'm buying a laptop but I am extremely confused and have no idea what to buy. I want to buy a laptop that can play games at a decent frame-rate and be able to do my maths b assignments. I have a couple of questions.

1. What processor should I get intel or AMD

2. What model of processor should I get i.e i3,i5,i7,a4...?

3. What affect do cores have on the speed of the processor?

4. 4GB, 6GB or 8GB of ram

5. Can you suggest any laptops that I can buy (in Australia)

Thanks a lot
Pat'k

It entirely depends on what you are using it for, if you're planning to just use it as a basic laptop browsing the web or very light gaming there would be no need for over 4GB of RAM or a high end CPU.

It wouldn't be hardcore gaming I'm about in the middle manly modded minecraft, skyrim, far cry 3 those sorts of games I just want something that can run these games at decent frames for a max of $500 AUD

I would suggest if you are doing some heavy gaming go for a desktop but for light gaming and portability got for a i5 and about 6gigs of ram

What dose quad core or dual core mean?

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Also can you suggest any laptops?

It wouldn't be hardcore gaming I'm about in the middle manly modded minecraft, skyrim, far cry 3 those sorts of games I just want something that can run these games at decent frames for a max of $500 AUD

For 500 AUD maximum you will only get a good entry level laptop computer. Just look for a good brand , namely Toshiba, HP or Asus and buy one which offers you the most RAM and hard disk capacity, with Intel processor ,(in the screen size you want), for the money you have. There are always superseded models being sold off cheaply so with that budget you are best picking up one of these.

BK properly know of some good Australian websites to buy from. I'll PM him.

500 AUD (470 USD) is not much for a laptop that you also expect to decently play FarCry 3.
Maybe you should increase the budget.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom