Games For Laptop Users

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

So as some of you know I have never been a gamer, well a PC gamer anyways, but just lately I've been wanting to play some games on my laptop.

Now when I say games and gaming i'm not talking about high end graphics machines that are going to blow my mind I have an i5 Laptop with 6GB Ram and onboard intel HD4000 graphics!

The games that really tickle my fancy are stuff like Age Of Empires, C&Q Red Alert. I know they are both RTS type games but that's not all i'm after I'm curious as to what else there is out there for me, even if it's like old school 2d graphics or a game that you played back in the early 2000s that you thought was good, surely I should be able to play like an old Need For Speed Underground from 2002 or something on my crappy laptop graphics? Even if it still has to be at low settings, graphics quality is not something i'm looking for.

I'm looking for gameplay, storyline and how it excites you?

My general interest in games is First Person Shooters, I don't know if they call it this but like 3rd person shooters, racing games, RTS and adventure.

im personally a fan of tycoon type games , transport tycoon based game TTD is open source and quite good if your into that kind of thing

Also not played it for ages but the sims is always a good way to kill a bit of time and sim city and stuff like that . All stuff a laptop can handle

Oo let me get you started with some good games.

Kerbal space program
Garrys mod
Railroad tycoon
FTL
Minecraft (only for mods)
Brutal legend (good hack and slash game also a bit of rts in it)
Company of heroes (not 2)
Next car game (best racing game ever + runs very well on weak systems)
Space engineers (good space build and destruction game)
Robot wars extreme destruction (old game but still fun as hell)

I'm sure more will come to me but that's all I got

Hope this helped because there are some of my favourite games

Good luck and enjoy :)

oh man i used to play railroad tycoon like it was my full time job :p

Haha I played it when I was a kid I loved it too much

Got it as a bundle also came with airport tycoon but could never find out how to fast forward so I waited a full month to build the airport haha

I had it on playstation first before gettng it on PC . The funny thing is I now work on the railway as well . Must have had some impact on me in my younger years :p

I am like Muz and like tycoons, I also like driving simulators, I have OMSI 2, Bus Simulator 2, Driving Simulator 2011, Bus Driver, Hospital Tycoon, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Rail Cargo, The Sims 2 (All expansions and stuff packs), The Sims 3 (Have half of the expansions and stuff packs).

Thanks guys, I'm gonna take a look round a couple of the cash converter type shops and raid their PC game bins to see if I can find any of these old gems.

I did have a quick go on Counter-Strike and quickly realised either it wasn't for me or I need to dig out my USB Controller to play it, thought thinking about it can I plug my xbox controller in with the USB cable?

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of using a keyboard and mouse for gaming which is why perhaps my previous preference has been RTS type games.

To jump on the Tycoon band wagon, I used to love Zoo Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon!!!!! Spent hours and hours on those at a time.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna take a look round a couple of the cash converter type shops and raid their PC game bins to see if I can find any of these old gems.

I did have a quick go on Counter-Strike and quickly realised either it wasn't for me or I need to dig out my USB Controller to play it, thought thinking about it can I plug my xbox controller in with the USB cable?

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of using a keyboard and mouse for gaming which is why perhaps my previous preference has been RTS type games.

To jump on the Tycoon band wagon, I used to love Zoo Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon!!!!! Spent hours and hours on those at a time.

Yeah that's a great idea, Also GAME if that's near you, We used to have them here in Australia but they went into administration and got closed down. Also checkout Steam.

Back
Top Bottom