Missing Plane

I'd like to defend YoungIT's comment here, whilst the situation is obviously a very serious and upsetting situation sometimes it needs to be taken lightly.

I'm not really finding the right words here but here is an example that I thought was truly brilliant.

Terri Irwin was interviews shortly after Steve Irwin's death and I don't remember the exact details but essentially she came up and said that she'd heard numerous jokes about his death about "a new Steve Irwin sunblock coming out to protect you from harmful rays . . . . " now there are those that see that a distasteful and disgusting, Terri said it was very funny and said it would be just the type of thing that Steve would have found hilarious.

Again i'm still not quite sure that fits what i'm trying to say exactly but what I am trying to say is sometimes you have to step back and stop looking at the doom and gloom and I know that's easy for me to say as I didn't know anyone on the plane or anyone who lost someone on the plan but I believe as long as it is not said to anyone of their families or said is a disrespectful manner then it is fine.

Anyways back to the actual subject:

I personally think the best theory I've heard is that it was a pilot suicide I think the theory says he took the plan up to 45 odd thousand feet which would have made sure that everyone on the plane passed out and then it crash landed . . . .

I see where your coming from but the big difference is Teri Irwin was the family of the deceased , if that's her way of mourning fair enough . As for here the families of those on the plane haven't taken the death of their relatives quite as well . that would be like me making jokes or light hearted humor about 9/11 or the 7/7 bombings or the Madrid bombings . Just isn't appropriate in my view the families of those atrocities obviously wouldn't see the funny side either .

As for the theory on pilot suicide its an interesting theory . Ive heard another theory about the rapid rise and changes in altitude . That is that someone could have been trying to gain unauthorized entry to the cockpit and the pilot flew in that manner to incapacitate that person . I dont know how I feel about that theory . The only problem with pilot suicide is why would an experienced pilot with years of experience and no background history decide to kill not only himself but 240 passengers . And why would the second officer let him do that ?

So this has gone quiet in news but Chinese patrol ship has detected a pulse in the Southern Indian Ocean Reports: Chinese ship finds ‘pulse signal' in southern Indian Ocean, consistent with frequency of flight MH370's black box | News.com.au

Yeah just saw it on the news tonight. They've now made the search area a total 10 square miles which is significantly smaller than before. They better hurry up. The sea floor is I believe 15 miles down and the batteries in the black box are dying!

Yeah just saw it on the news tonight. They've now made the search area a total 10 square miles which is significantly smaller than before. They better hurry up. The sea floor is I believe 15 miles down and the batteries in the black box are dying!

15 Miles deep, no way!

If it was 15 miles (24.14 Kilometers) deep then no known submersible sub can dive that deep to retrieve the black box, however the average depth of the Indian ocean is 3,890 meters with the deepest point being the Diamantina Deep in the Diamantina Trench at 8,047 meters.

The Diamantina Trench should pose no problem as I believe it is further south of the search zone.

Out of interest the deepest diving submersible craft is the Mir 1 & Mir 2 which can dive to a maximum depth of 6,000 meters (6 Kilometers) & there is only 7 diving submersible craft that can go down to between 3,000 meters to 6,000 meters in the world.

Last edited:
15 Miles deep, no way!

If it was 15 miles (24.14 Kilometers) deep then no known submersible sub can dive that deep to retrieve the black box, however the average depth of the Indian ocean is 3,890 meters with the deepest point being the Diamantina Deep in the Diamantina Trench at 8,047 meters.

The Diamantina Trench should pose no problem as I believe it is further south of the search zone.

Out of interest the deepest diving submersible craft is the Mir 1 & Mir 2 which can dive to a maximum depth of 6,000 meters (6 Kilometers) & there is only 7 diving submersible craft that can go down to between 3,000 meters to 6,000 meters in the world.

My bad! Forgot the decimal :D

I agree they need to find that black box soon, but i don't think it may be an easy task. I do hope they find it though because the whole world is waiting to see what went wrong with the plane.

Although the black box is just a small piece of the puzzle as to what happened on that plane.I just hope the families are doing ok, i know it must be so hard to lose loved ones like that.

Back
Top Bottom