Where Do You Think Microsoft Is Headed?

I think Microsoft will continue to do as they are.

Mainstream OS is their meal ticket and by mainstream I mean desktop.
Ultimately they have to keep the corporate world happy.
Then comes the home users of desktop OS.
Then Mobile OS / Tablet.

MS aren't afraid to fail and change paths which Is what I like about they, MS bought us touchscreen interfaces years and years ago with the MS Surface, it didn't take off so they stopped and help back until Apple did it better . . . .

MS gave us smarthphones before anyone else with Windows powered PDAs, I don't think there is anything wrong with the technology and direction of MS but perhaps they need to work on the way the put products forward and their delivery of them.

Microsoft is a mess. A horribly run company, much like most American companies these days it would seem. Their fiasco with the xbox one launch is a perfect example of how a company can really cause issues for themselves. Sony did an amazing job and thats a big reason why the PS4 is slaughtering the Xbox One in sales across the globe. As far as Windows... well its still the most popular OS and imo the best OS. Microsoft will never lose my support because they make products that I need and use on a regular basis. But they are still a disaster lol
you'd expect Sony, (who are shedding business units, dropping their TVs and computers etc) to do a bit better than MS who seem to be constantly expanding no?

I feel like their tablets aren't doing too well.
funny because loads of people I work with think that they are (technically) great...

the trouble with them is... they are getting on for as expensive as Ipads, without actually being Ipads,
if you're not bothered about getting an Ipad, then you get an android.

there are no "killer apps" for the surface tablet. and even if there were very few people code exclusively for individual platforms now.

I think Microsoft will continue to do as they are.

Mainstream OS is their meal ticket and by mainstream I mean desktop.
I see them going more after the chromium type cloud enabled desktop market, -not least because the new CEO came from teh cloud services division.

MS gave us smarthphones before anyone else with Windows powered PDAs, I don't think there is anything wrong with the technology and direction of MS but perhaps they need to work on the way the put products forward and their delivery of them.

yeah, but did you ever actually use one of those?

they still have the same issues but backwards now.

the old devices were really desktop centric, with start menus, etc...

now they've gone the other way and are making server desktops near reliant on the touch screen aspects of phones!

To be honest I think Microsoft has had its day and unless they do something truly unique and cutting edge then I think they will just start to loose more and more business and market control.

I will say that I think this is a good thing as it will give other operating systems a proper fighting chance. Microsoft have been at the top with too much of a gap for far too long.

I will say though that Bill Gates is quite the genius to have created a company that have had product that have done so well for so long, and in a way it is a shame that he now has to watch his company slowly crumble away.

Mossiac

Sure looks like it's going to crumble away to me...:rofl:

MSFT_egr.jpeg

Where are they headed?

down the toilet if recent developments are anything to go by. Microsoft do desktop operating systems very well, unfortunately trends show that this direction is different to the direction that the market seems to be going.

It's my honest opinion (and my deep regret) that mobile is taking over, and microsoft still aren't as good at that as Samsung, Google, Apple and the rest.

Yeah that should encourage developers and companies. My stepdad recently brought a windows phone and I haven't heard him complain about it, He plays a lot of games on it..

Micro$oft will probably do it's own version of Google glass...idk

There are already skins you can download to make Windows 8 look like Windows 7. Iv never used Windows 8, but i am used to the Windows 7 & the Windows Vista layout and won't be changing anytime soon.

Last edited:
Microsoft Is Bringing the Start Menu Back to Windows 8
At least they are listening. But it's sad to me that people are so anti-change that they can't adapt to something new.

I agree here but that picture of the start menu looks good but your right they need to not listen to what the user wants.

Micro$oft will probably do it's own version of Google glass...idk

There are already skins you can download to make Windows 8 look like Windows 7. Iv never used Windows 8, but i am used to the Windows 7 & the Windows Vista layout and won't be changing anytime soon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I love Windows 8 its great and I've never thought about reverting back to Windows 7. Windows 8 has so many great features to once you've explored it.

One thing that makes me laugh and that I find interesting is that everyone gamer's and people in IT in particular will say that they hate Microsoft and Windows yet they continue to use it, I guess its either that in the workplace they have to use it as their programs will only work on Windows and for gamer's most or all of their games work best on Windows.

For people who want the start button again.

images

Back
Top Bottom