Ocz ssd

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Greetings mortals

I have acquired an older OCZ SSD from a friend. I've never used one in my home PCs before (Use them all the time but we use a standard build so drivers of any kind are never an issue).

When I remove my other hard drives, plug the SSD into SATA0 and boot from a Windows install disk, it cannot see the SSD. I've set the SATA operation to ACHI as ive seen posted around the internet but no change. My motherboard suppots RAID but there isn't currently a RAID configuration and it sees my other two HDDs fine if I plug them in, so it doesn't seem like it's the SATA controller driver missing.

Is it possible that I need to USB some additional drivers while in Windows setup? PC spec should be in Sig

Cheers for any input

type in computer management, go to the disk management menu, you should see your ssd listed as unallocated or offline, right click it and choose new volume if its unallocated, or choose online if it is marked as offline. after the process is done(which with that much space will take a bit) windows will recognize the drive as usable space.

(Copied from the internet because I'm lazy to type it out sorry :) )

type in computer management, go to the disk management menu, you should see your ssd listed as unallocated or offline, right click it and choose new volume if its unallocated, or choose online if it is marked as offline. after the process is done(which with that much space will take a bit) windows will recognize the drive as usable space.

(Copied from the internet because I'm lazy to type it out sorry :) )

Thats what i was gonna tell him

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom