Will clock speed make a difference here?

It should not make a difference.
Ram doesn't use much power.

The RAM arrived, it now displays as just under 1gb, yet the video card still won't work, just spent about half an h our looking through the bios settings, I am sometimes able to boot up the computer with the video card in with no bleeping but with the vga connected to the onboard, but still no luck with the card, that's 2 different cards now, the card I got yesterday is powered directly by the psu, but 2 cards and neither will even make the fan spin!

I've just noticed some damage to the motherboard, not sure how this would affect it, excuse the small picture, my image shack trial has ran out

Attachments

• 2014-04-02 11.32.54.jpg
    2014-04-02 11.32.54.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 11
You said you only have a 300watt psu check the mininum requirements for your video card that could ve the issue if you dont have enough power going to it

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

You said you only have a 300watt psu check the mininum requirements for your video card that could ve the issue if you dont have enough power going to it

Hmm, I'll have a look, it does list on the label at the front the graphics card I'm trying to use, so I thought when it was manufactured they'd have picked the psu accordingly, unless someone changed it. I think when I used a site to calculate my usage, it was about 100 over the recommended with the video card in, so I suppose it could be quite close.

I dont trust those sites. I put in my next build and said i only needed 250watts but my video card needed a minimum of 450watts. And i thought you said you bought the video card seperatley

I dont trust those sites. I put in my next build and said i only needed 250watts but my video card needed a minimum of 450watts. And i thought you said you bought the video card seperatley

I do have a 750 watt in my main computer, I could try that, but that's a massive pain to do. The second card I bought separately as I couldn't get the first to work, which also didn't work, I then found what looks like some sort of broken coil on the board, which I posted a picture above of which led me to believe it wasn't the card at all.

Only way to tell would be to test it in your main pc. Never jump to conclusions because it wont work in one pc. Also youd probably be better off buying a new mobo cpu and ram all together just for the fact that the pc only uses DDR ram DDR3 would be quite a bit faster

Only way to tell would be to test it in your main pc. Never jump to conclusions because it wont work in one pc. Also youd probably be better off buying a new mobo cpu and ram all together just for the fact that the pc only uses DDR ram DDR3 would be quite a bit faster

I can't test the graphics card in my main pc, as it's agp and my main computer doesn't have an AGP slot, you're probably right, but the computer was free, which is the reason I tried to do this, I've spent £8 currently on it. I was considering buying another case, upgrading the components in my main computer one by one, and putting my components in that case, I've wanted to switch to Intel anyway, but I was going to start with the Graphics card, then psu, motherboard and cpu last.

Try the power supply you dont have to remove it from the case (if the cables are long enough)

Back
Top Bottom