any bball fans?

jarlmaster

In Runtime
who here is a bball fan and what's your fav team if you are? I'm a wizards fan. have been all my life. really I'm a fan of every DC team because thats my hometown and I believe that you should always support your hometeams and any teams your parents may have raised you on. no bandwagoning or random team likes (oh I'm from minnesota but I love the thunder for no reason) lol anyway. lets have a basketball discussion as the playoffs approach

fair enough. overall the quality has been down for years, especially with refs giving "superstar preference" ie. not calling travels, fouls, etc. on superstars and calling and ones on the other end for them. refs in general have been bad, either calling everything and not letting teams play, or calling absolutely nothing. oh and its become a 3-fest (college is starting to go that route too). regardless I have really been enjoying the season and there have been some great games. the wizards are a joy to watch (usually lol). college is definitely more intense

oh and its become a 3-fest (college is starting to go that route too).

At first I was going to say that's not true, but I looked into it a bit and it would seem that in the NCAA and the NBA about 1/4 (25%) of the shots taken are 3's.

I also don't like the lack of defense. A defender won't stand in and try to take a charge because they know they will get called for the foul and be made to look like a fool (posterized) so it's easier to just watch the superstar thrown down a monster dunk with the rest of us then it is to try to stop it.

At least in college you have kids who still hustle and play D. And I know there are some players in the NBA that do, just not nearly as many I guess.

Last edited:
yup. ever since the 3 was introduced, more and more 3's are taken each season. several games in march madness this year have been long shot showdowns. It's all Duke and Michigan do, not to mention some others. And true. Defense is not as aggressive in the NBA (overall). a lot of standing around

Michigan is especially good at 3's. Having 3 guys shooting around 40% from 3pt range is awesome. But 'live by the 3, die by the 3'. If they go cold shooting they are in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom