Making a New Build ---Any input would be appreciated.

I like your build a lot ale but I would get a 4670k instead of a 4770k. You don't need hyperthreading for gaming and it will save you a hundred bucks. BK chose a solid psu. Do NOT skimp on a power supply. Ever. You need a good one made by a good company like Corsair. A faulty power supply can kill your whole computer and fry every component. Spend the money. Trust me. And with the money saved on the 4670k maybe you can swing a gtx 770 instead of the 760.

I like your build a lot ale but I would get a 4670k instead of a 4770k. You don't need hyperthreading for gaming and it will save you a hundred bucks. BK chose a solid psu. Do NOT skimp on a power supply. Ever. You need a good one made by a good company like Corsair. A faulty power supply can kill your whole computer and fry every component. Spend the money. Trust me. And with the money saved on the 4670k maybe you can swing a gtx 770 instead of the 760.

/\

Power supply is key, if you get a bad power supply, it's like putting gasoline in a diesel truck.... It'll ruin it

If youre on a budget i would go with an AMD build their product from what ive seen are cheaper thus giving them a better price/performance ratio if youd like i could put together a build thatll be able to play most of todays games

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

If youre on a budget i would go with an AMD build their product from what ive seen are cheaper thus giving them a better price/performance ratio if youd like i could put together a build thatll be able to play most of todays games

Their Price to performance ratio SUCKS. You have to pay for an AMD what you have to pay for an Intel to get the same performance.

Intel Core i5 4670K vs AMD FX 9370

The i5 wins this, and the price is the same between the two

Just to clarify one key thing - the PSU doesn't make any difference to performance, but it will make a big difference to several things.

1. Reliability - buying a cheap and nasty PSU could potentially fry everything in your PC if it goes bang.
2. IF it runs hot, it will make the other components run hot, thus damaging performance.
3. Cable management - Unruly cables only lead to woe.

In addition, there isn't much point in an AMD vs. Intel discussion -It's not all about benchmarking, it's about how much money you want to spend versus the kind of games you play.

Oh, and since your components are hardly earth-shattering, don't waste the time and money that Watercooling will consume when a Hybrid cooler will do a similar job for half the price and minimal effort.

Last edited:
Just to clarify one key thing - the PSU doesn't make any difference to performance, but it will make a big difference to several things.

1. Reliability - buying a cheap and nasty PSU could potentially fry everything in your PC if it goes bang.
2. IF it runs hot, it will make the other components run hot, thus damaging performance.
3. Cable management - Unruly cables only lead to woe.

In addition, there isn't much point in an AMD vs. Intel discussion -It's not all about benchmarking, it's about how much money you want to spend versus the kind of games you play.

Oh, and since your components are hardly earth-shattering, don't waste the time and money that Watercooling will consume when a Hybrid cooler will do a similar job for half the price and minimal effort.

Hence why i say better price performance ratio. My $60 a6 performs right along (gaming) with a $140 i3 3220

Back
Top Bottom