Problem| Audio doesnt work after Win7 upgrade

-_Audio_-

Beta member
Hello
Yesterday I have updraded my XP to WIN 7 and after the upgrade my sound stopped working. I tried to search for drivers online, I tried reinstalling existing driver, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my device all of it didnt work.
I have a ASUS P5GPL-X Revision 1 motherboard with onboard sound card ADI 1986A High Definition Audio 6 -Channel CODEC S/PDIF out on back I/O port(this is the sound description on ASUS website)

I am very fraustrated with this because I tried to fix this for the past 30 hours for no luck. did somebody encounter this once before? do you have any solutions? please this would help me very much! thank you!

Did you do windows updates? Usually that has the drivers for audio on computers I've upgraded.

First off download this: Everest Home Edition Free Download

And let us know what it says your audio adapter is.

I will thanks

edit: Iv'e downloaded it and it wont open...
---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Did you do windows updates? Usually that has the drivers for audio on computers I've upgraded.

yes I did, plenty of times
I also downloadecd the 2014 driver pack solution and still nothing..
from my understading in what others have said there is no drivers for my onboard Audio Card for WIN7 avilable

Last edited:
from my understading in what others have said there is no drivers for my onboard Audio Card for WIN7 avilable

That's very possible. Those things happen. Sometimes other drivers (like Vista drivers) work - sometimes they don't. Might be worth a shot. Otherwise maybe an actual sound card is in order. You can get cheap ones for $10 on newegg. (I've no experience with a sound card as I've never needed one - but I just thought it would be an option)

That's very possible. Those things happen. Sometimes other drivers (like Vista drivers) work - sometimes they don't. Might be worth a shot. Otherwise maybe an actual sound card is in order. You can get cheap ones for $10 on newegg. (I've no experience with a sound card as I've never needed one - but I just thought it would be an option)

Iv'e found a working driver, ADI SoundMax worked for me.
thank you very much for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom