Choosing a Computer :)

dean77

Beta member
Hey, I'm Dean, I am looking for a computer. My Dad's friend will be putting it together so I don't have to buy the whole computer set up to save some money and put better parts.
This computer will be for playing games editing and hosting a game 23 hrs, 7 days a week (Maplestory). I just know some parts of the computer and below is what I need, not sure about the rest.
Much appreciated if you can help me :) thanks alot.

Price - $1000 and Less.
RAM - 8 GB+
Hard Drive - 500 GB+
i7 Core
Windows 8.1
Desktop

Last edited:
Ok you will want to get a psu and motherboard to get it to work also I would get a graphics card on board won't play jack.

No shit get motherboard etc, tell me specifics, the names.

Whilst I agree Rowcons post was rather broad and not very detailed that kind of sarcasm / attitude wont get you the kind of help you are seeking round here.

What about this build:
Intel Core i5-4670K, MSI GeForce GTX 760 - System Build - PCPartPicker

it doesn't include a case sense the case is VERY much about personal taste.
It doesn't include an OS ether.

Total Price = 790 USD

CPU:
I didn't choose an I7 sense the only difference is hyperthreding. If you want to keep the cost down, an I5 is a better choice.
You are only gonna see a difference in compressing/decompressing and CPU rendering.
The I5 i chose is overclockable. so if you desire free extra performance, then go nuts.. just remember to get a better cooler if your overclock is more than a minor increase.

PSU:
The PSU is a quality gold validated modular 750W power supply. Plenty for your needs and it's gonna help keep the watt usage down.
It's also way easier to have a clean look and airflow due to no unnecessarily cords.

Motherboard:
Everything you need at a dissent price. Also quite clean looking.

RAM:
8 gigabyte. It's a 1600mzh dual channel kit running at CasL at 9.
The price is good for what you get and it will meet your needs.
It also has a low voltage usage.

GPU:
The 760 is plenty for most people. I didn't see you writing anything about playing the most recent games at high quality.
This card will handle all new games at 60FPS with mid graphic settings.
This card also has a 3-party cooling design. It will make it a little quite and run less hot.

as for the harddrive and optical drive i prioritized price. You get what you need here, unless you are ready to jump on the SSD train.

Last edited:
Biker put together a great build. If you want to spend a bit more money go for a gtx 770 but other than that its really solid.

Back
Top Bottom