Missing Plane

ahh right , no they can be recovered ages after the crash , the FDR from AF flight 447 took nearly two years to recover . But in that case the wreckage was discovered soon after the crash so they had a good idea of where to look . The fear with MH flight 370 is that if they dont find the wreckage soon then it will all get carried its separate ways meaning the search area becomes impossibly big massively reducing the chances of finding the black box .

In terms of the families of the passengers that could have devastating effects because they could never find out what happened . But all of this is also assuming that the plane has gone down over water . There are still people who are saying the plane and its survivors could have landed safely . I dont feel like that is likely but who knows its one big mystery atm which is the worst thing for the families of passengers .

As for Wikipedia , i tend to agree it isn't always the most reliable source . But its not just a free for all . I could go onto an article now edit it with some completely random uncredited false information and it would get removed by the community out there that religiously edit Wikipedia as if it where a full time job to them . Its a kind of peer reviewing but the qualification of the peer reviewer is unchecked . sometimes it works well,with something as clear cut as say the rules of a game it would be good there's no dispute as to what they are . other times like with controversial topics like politics it gets messy .being community based it is also quite hit and miss , articles on some things are very comprehensive and on others are lacking in quality . Reading the numerous different writing styles employed by the numerous people that edit it also doesn't give it a consistent format .

ahh right , no they can be recovered ages after the crash , the FDR from AF flight 447 took nearly two years to recover . But in that case the wreckage was recovered soon after the crash so they had a good idea of where to look . The fear with MH flight 370 is that if they dont find the wreckage soon then it will all get carried its separate ways meaning the search area becomes impossibly big massively reducing the chances of finding the black box .

In terms of the families of the passengers that could have devastating effects because they could never find out what happened . But all of this is also assuming that the plane has gone down over water . There are still people who are saying the plane and its survivors could have landed safely . I dont feel like that is likely but who knows its one big mystery atm which is the worst thing for the families of passengers .

As for Wikipedia , i tend to agree it isn't always the most reliable source . But its not just a free for all . I could go onto an article now edit it with some completely random uncredited false information and it would get removed by the community out there that religiously edit Wikipedia as if it where a full time job to them . Its a kind of peer reviewing but the qualification of the peer reviewer is unchecked . sometimes it works well,with something as clear cut as say the rules of a game it would be good there's no dispute as to what they are . other times like with controversial topics like politics it gets messy .

Let's hope they find the crash. But there is the rumor that the plane is going to be used for a terrorist attack

Ive heard that theory , there are some mad conspiracy theories out there like the plane has been abducted by aliens . I kid you not some people have actually gone with that theory .

If they do intend to use it for a terrorist attack it would be an incredibly audacious plan given heightened aviation security post 9/11 and given that worldwide security will be tightened as a result of the fact that this plane just effectively vanished .

the only thing puzzling about that though is what has happened to the passengers if this is the case , are they being kept to use as additional casualties in the terror plot or have they been killed ? its one big mystery

Ive heard that theory , there are some mad conspiracy theories out there like the plane has been abducted by aliens . I kid you not some people have actually gone with that theory .

If they do intend to use it for a terrorist attack it would be an incredibly audacious plan given heightened aviation security post 9/11 and given that worldwide security will be tightened as a result of the fact that this plane just effectively vanished .

the only thing puzzling about that though is what has happened to the passengers if this is the case , are they being kept to use as additional casualties in the terror plot or have they been killed ? its one big mystery

If they DID take the plane, the passengers were either killed and hidden, or they're being held hostage. I don't know, if a plane DID go down, with todays technology, why did no one know about it?

keeping aprox 240 people hostage and alive secretly is going to be a hard task , as is disposing of 240 bodies . Not to mention landing a Boeing 777 on anything other than a proper airfield with the necessary resources to accept one . If you think that its hard to believe a plane went down in the sea without anyone knowing consider how they landed the plane without anyone knowing ? im not saying it cant be done but Its certainly easier for a plane to crash and nobody to know about it than for a plane to land and nobody to know anything about it .

The mysterious thing is that the transponder was switched off . But once that is switched off and your far out at sea there is no radar tracking so nobody apart from the pilot and any other aircraft in the area knows where the plane is at that time so if it goes down nobody is going to know until it doesn't arrive at its destination on time or doesn't make contact when it vanished off secondary radar screens .i'm surprised with the current modern climate towards aviation security an alarm wasn't raised as soon as the transponder was switched off and no contact could be established . if the wreckage is found where this current debris has been sighted the big mystery is why the plane was on the opposite side of Malaysia from its flight path , traveling in the complete opposite direction form that which it was scheduled to do so .

I dont know about you but I think this is perhaps a wake up call for much more technology to track planes and remotely store data which is kept on the FDR instead of relying on having to find the physical device itself .

keeping aprox 240 people hostage and alive secretly is going to be a hard task , as is disposing of 240 bodies . Not to mention landing a Boeing 777 on anything other than a proper airfield with the necessary resources to accept one . If you think that its hard to believe a plane went down in the sea without anyone knowing consider how they landed the plane without anyone knowing ? im not saying it cant be done but Its certainly easier for a plane to crash and nobody to know about it than for a plane to land and nobody to know anything about it .

The mysterious thing is that the transponder was switched off . But once that is switched off and your far out at sea there is no radar tracking so nobody apart from the pilot and any other aircraft in the area knows where the plane is at that time so if it goes down nobody is going to know until it doesn't arrive at its destination on time or doesn't make contact when it vanished off secondary radar screens .i'm surprised with the current modern climate towards aviation security an alarm wasn't raised as soon as the transponder was switched off and no contact could be established . if the wreckage is found where this current debris has been sighted the big mystery is why the plane was on the opposite side of Malaysia from its flight path , traveling in the complete opposite direction form that which it was scheduled to do so .

I dont know about you but I think this is perhaps a wake up call for much more technology to track planes and remotely store data which is kept on the FDR instead of relying on having to find the physical device itself .

Well CNN reported that they now can live stream FDR for I think $100,000 so they might find a way to lower the cost, then that might be an option

yeah high bandwidth data transfer on planes in flight is still an expensive deal but like all tech will come down as time goes on . but even if they just selected from some of the parameters recorded by the black box they could bring the price down . heck even GPS tracking of key parts of the plane would be a godsend you can locate the wreckage giving the biggest chance of finding the FDR and plane

Thing is if the likes of some of the bigger airlines like emirates ,Singapore airlines and American airways can offer you in flight mobile phone and internet connectivity surely technology to stream some if not all FDR data at an affordable rate cant be too far off .

I think its pretty rude of the families of victims to be raging at the government for not finding them yet, Yeah I can understand that they would be devastated and wanting answers and information but the authority's can only give what they know from their investigations and inquiry's but its no use in going and jumping down their throats for answers.

I think its pretty rude of the families of victims to be raging at the government for not finding them yet, Yeah I can understand that they would be devastated and wanting answers and information but the authority's can only give what they know from their investigations and inquiry's but its no use in going and jumping down their throats for answers.

True , but then I can kind of see where they are coming from , the first 5 days they where told we are looking in the south china sea for the plane it has defiantly gone down over water there . Then they have been told actually the plane turned off its transponder and flew for another 7 hours we are going to look in the Indian Ocean . And then they have also been fed stories such as the fact that the plane and all passengers could have landed safely . I think that would be like a a massive emotional roller coaster and you wouldn't know what information to trust anymore .I reckon you would start to think that the authorities know more than they are letting on, even to me who is not related in anyway apart from being an observer it appears the Malaysians knew more from day 1 than they said straight away and that makes the already difficult relationship between the families and the Malaysians even worse . Not to mention the fact that majority of the families are Chinese and the authorities conducting the search are the Malaysians

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom