Missing Plane

more than 80 parameters are recorded by a black box , from things as simple as the time to detailed information about the engines status . It really is the key to finding out exactly what happened in the flight deck

Besides what does the information it records have to do with how long it can last under water ?

more than 80 parameters are recorded by a black box , from things as simple as the time to detailed information about the engines status . It really is the key to finding out exactly what happened in the flight deck

Besides what does the information it records have to do with how long it can last under water ?

I didn't say it had anything to do with how long it can last. You said the black box sends out a signal. It takes 30 days for that battery to die, that's what I was meaning

ahh i see , yer so they've got a few more weeks left before the search for the FDR really does become potentially very difficult . Assuming the plane has gone down in the sea .

that battery doesn't have anything to do with the recorded information . the data on a FDR could still be recoverable some years after the crash even if its been underwater for that long . Its just that the signal which aids in finding the box will die after approx 30 days making it all the more difficult to find .

ahh i see , yer so they've got a few more weeks left before the search for the FDR really does become potentially very difficult . Assuming the plane has gone down in the sea .

that battery doesn't have anything to do with the recorded information . the data on a FDR could still be recoverable some years after the crash even if its been underwater for that long . Its just that the signal which aids in finding the box will die after approx 30 days making it all the more difficult to find .

I know it doesn't have anything to do with the recorded info

As a matter of fact I do, it's also called the ADR, or Accident Data Recorder ;)

very good , read the rest of the Wikipedia article I imagine it will tell you exactly what it records and how durable it actually is so you know in future instead of making wild guesses

very good , read the rest of the Wikipedia article I imagine it will tell you exactly what it records and how durable it actually is so you know in future instead of making wild guesses

Hmmm.... Didn't read a Wiki article, I don't trust Wikipedia

Hmmm.... Didn't read a Wiki article, I don't trust Wikipedia

well wherever it is you learned that the FDR can only withstand 2 weeks underwater , and that it only records flight path and pilot's voices is even less credible a source than Wikipedia which is astounding .

well wherever it is you learned that the FDR can only withstand 2 weeks underwater , and that it only records flight path and pilot's voices is even less credible a source than Wikipedia which is astounding .

The reason I said that was because the local news said they have two weeks to find the FDR which I assumed it meant it would be basically destroyed in two weeks. And Wikipedia is anything but "astounding". Anyone can post anything they want

Back
Top Bottom