Sandy Hook Shooting

:facepalm: Yen not Yuan .:rofl:
yeah whilst 1 yen is not worth a lot that isn't the correct way to assess a currency you need to look at what a yen buys you in japan as well . The yen went through a massive period of improvement , which was indicative of the strengthening of japans economy . The yen now is one of the bigger currencies used in international trade .

I said Yen. Yuan and Yen are both not worth much

I'm not for higher taxes, and taxes should be reduced on upper class and wealthy people. An regardless, I doubt anyone on this forum but a handful including I actually know what firearms to use, and I do have a bolt action rifle thank you very much, but I would rather hunt with an AR. And what you experience in the field cannot be prepared by what you do at the gun range. When you have a coyote dead in your sights, the adrenaline starts going and you have a good chance of making a very poor shot. That's why an AR is a good choice in case you make a bad shot, because they have low recoil and you can fire again if you missed!
you see, I completely agree that having a second shot loaded and ready to go IS a good thing, but, again we're talking beginner a good and experienced hunter may have a different opinion?

And one thing I noticed root, is that you're using Euro signs. Your inflation is different than our inflation,
firstly that was a pound sign.
I was going to use gold as an indication of inflation, in the 70's gold was about $75 per ounce, now it's over $2000....

but the reason that the gold standard was dropped was that it caused inflation.

take the debt of the seventies increase it 26 times (2600%) and that's a marker of what's actually been happening.

I chose not to use gold as it's a bit of a special case, and instead chose house prices and food prices, where inflation hasn't hit so hard, the price of bread is dependant on the world price of grain so it's a pretty good measure of inflation of commodities.

and I bet your media is portraying Obama a little different to you all.

what's your media's portrayal of David Cameron? nothing? that's pretty much what we hear about Obama also. generally just the basic facts, he wants to do this or that, very little in the way of opinionated discussion.

Fact of the matter is, we're in debt up to our ears, our economy may be coming back, but we still have to pay our debt back, and that will hurt the economy whenever, and if we decide to start paying it back.
the point that you're missing is that so is the rest of the world, not only that but GDP has increased so significantly as to negate the effects of the debt...

my point wasn't that the debt is not or should not be a worry, (it certainly should) but that portraying Obama as some sort of spend aholic or the with the worst fiscal policy at all ignores not least inflation (you can't compare the size of the increase in debt against previous presidents without adjusting for inflation, (by at least some measure))

but also ignores the global aspect, (which is huge by any standards).

And didn't jmacavali say no more personal attacks??
I wasn't making personal attacks.
at least I didn't think I was.

Oh, and to add to it, I'm 17 working minimum wage in a grocery store and I spend my summer, spring and fall months on the family farms, so what are you trying to explain to me? That I don't know anything? You see a lot of people working in retail, you learn a lot in retail, you tend to learn how economics work. I've gone through all the advanced history classes in high school, I've done non stop political and economic research, so don't be beatin' a dead horse
the point was that if you accrew a $500 dollar debt, in a month then that's bad, in your minimum wage job it will take you a long time to pay off, add various interests and you might be talking about years.

if the Manager of the store where you work accrews the same debt at the same time they can probably pay it off that same, if not next month.

because their personal "produce" is greater.

hence a six trillion dollar debt increase might be a huge amount it is NOT the end of the world, however a country with a much smaller GDP (like the UK where I live for example) we have a much smaller population and hence a much smaller GDP, a six trillion dollar increase in our national debt would be so crippling that we'd need special measure imposed, loans from the IMF etc.
(kind of like what's happened to Ireland and Greece, - even though their debt is less than ours).

That might have been an intelligent post, if you could spell. And excuse me for not knowing the signs, I don't tend to see them in everyday America :) And inflation has to do with the price of gold in each country, AND, it has to do with how much money is in circulation within the economy, which is controlled by each country, so if that's what your refering to when you said "economies of the world powers are all interlinked" then that's what I have to say.
in that case Obama is one of the *best* fiscially responsible presidents,

compare his 6tn dollar debt increase at $2000 per ounce to the 3bn dollar increase of nixon/ford at 75$ per ounce.

whilst gold certainly IS a commodities market, it's not *the* commodities market to watch where inflation is concerned. -and certainly since the gold standard was dropped in the 70's has very little to do with inflation.

(basically just google "gold standard" and you'll see why it is not a good indicator of inflation)...

I said Yen. Yuan and Yen are both not worth much
yes, but yen is used in Japan and Yuan is used in China...

I know they are both a funny colour with slanty eyes but it might help your cause if you stepped outside of the bubble of ignorance that you live in and actually seek to learn something about world trade and world economics before getting into an argument about it.

The most fiscally responsible? WHAT?! 17 trillion dollars in debt, and that's somehow responsible?! He's raised the debt ceiling several times! And I am experienced, please don't be telling who's experienced and who's not when you probably haven't spent a day in the field. I may not know economics, but perhaps YOU shouldn't be getting into an argument about Gun Control, and Barack Hussein Obama when you don't experience the realm of either. And you said we shouldn't worry about our debt? Do you realize what each individual person in the USA owes to the national debt? $55,000. Not to worry about. :rofl:

The most fiscally responsible? WHAT?!
Yeah.. I thought WHAT too?

I never said that, if you want to try putting words in peoples mouths it's a bit weird to try an do it in a place where all communication is in writing, and where it'll show if I go back an edit my post.!

17 trillion dollars in debt, and that's somehow responsible?! He's raised the debt ceiling several times!
I never said it was responsible, I just said that he's not necessarily the worst, and you can't just compare numbers, because it's comparing apples to oranges, you HAVE to make adjustments for different times, different monetary values, AND a different world situation!

[/quote] And I am experienced, please don't be telling who's experienced and who's not when you probably haven't spent a day in the field. [/quote]
I assume you mean shooting? to hunt? something that I have done with my family since I was a child. I'll admit that I'm talking about birds and small game, and shooting with a 12guage, which IS very different from riffle shooting medium sized predators.

I'm saying, with as little as I know about hunting...

I can understand that with your adrenalin flowing etc you might miss...
but apparently that's not a chance that "pro" hunters need to account for...
ergo, I suggested that perhaps with more experience you may feel the same. -like the AR was all fine when you were at one level, but in the future you're at another level and perhaps have more adrenaline knowing that you get only one chance to make a shot?
I may not know economics,
well that's become rather apparent
but perhaps YOU shouldn't be getting into an argument about Gun Control,
I'm not allowed an opinion on gun control?
and Barack Hussein Obama when you don't experience the realm of either.
do I need to live in a country to get a measure of a person?
you've never met then man in person so, should I therefore assume that you shouldn't have any kind of opinion on him?

And you said we shouldn't worry about our debt?
I expressly said that the debt WAS a concern...

really, it's all in writing, maybe you should try reading things more than once?

"Obama is one of the *best* fiscially responsible presidents"

Coyotes are not medium sized predators, they are small predators. Did you not watch the video celegorm posted? He explained about why the AR is necessary for predator hunting. Some of the PROs of coyote hunting using the Remington R15, a Semi Auto .223 (or 5.56). And yes, you kind of do need to live in the country to understand how he works. Perhaps the UK Media doesn't say all we have experienced with the whack nut in office? He literally attacks anyone who opposes him.

Last edited:
*sigh*

I'll try to make this obvious so that you understand.

YOU said that the price of a currency is linked to the price of gold and that was how money is measured.

So I said. *In that case* he would be the best.

That is to say you can't have it both ways.
You choose to measure inflation by a gold standard AND say that Obama is the worst then you're talking out you backside, because the measure that you're choosing, when the appropriate adjustments are made the mans fiscal handling comes out looking pretty good.

You understand why I suggest you read the *whole* this in my post now?

As it happens, I also said that the gold standard. (Which no longer exists) or even the price of gold is a terrible economic marker for inflation because gold is not an everyday commodity. And it's experienced above inflation increases of prices.

Far better to use the price if a loaf of bread. (Which is why budgetary systems to work out inflation take a sample "shopping basket" including groceries luxury items and average mortgage, then work out the yearly difference to produce inflation figures.
And gold bars do not appear in that "shopping basket". )

yes, but yen is used in Japan and Yuan is used in China...

I know they are both a funny colour with slanty eyes but it might help your cause if you stepped outside of the bubble of ignorance that you live in and actually seek to learn something about world trade and world economics before getting into an argument about it.

Could not have put it any better myself , I kind of give up when someone purports to know so much about economics from their experiences of a minimum wage retail job but then cant even identify one of the bigger reserve currencies in use in the world today .

*sigh*

I'll try to make this obvious so that you understand.

YOU said that the price of a currency is linked to the price of gold and that was how money is measured.

So I said. *In that case* he would be the best.

That is to say you can't have it both ways.
You choose to measure inflation by a gold standard AND say that Obama is the worst then you're talking out you backside, because the measure that you're choosing, when the appropriate adjustments are made the mans fiscal handling comes out looking pretty good.

You understand why I suggest you read the *whole* this in my post now?

As it happens, I also said that the gold standard. (Which no longer exists) or even the price of gold is a terrible economic marker for inflation because gold is not an everyday commodity. And it's experienced above inflation increases of prices.

Far better to use the price if a loaf of bread. (Which is why budgetary systems to work out inflation take a sample "shopping basket" including groceries luxury items and average mortgage, then work out the yearly difference to produce inflation figures.
And gold bars do not appear in that "shopping basket". )

If you READ my posts, I said that it also had to do with the amount of money in circulation.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Could not have put it any better myself , I kind of give up when someone purports to know so much about economics from their experiences of a minimum wage retail job but then cant even identify one of the bigger reserve currencies in use in the world today .

:whistling: As if you know everything about economics.... Excuse me for not knowing my currencies, but I do know economics, and working at the store I learn supply and demand. I also learn what the people like to pay for and why we charge what we do. I learn why my boss can pay us what he does, and I learn about the public. Back on topic, Sandy Hook is a hoax

:whistling: As if you know everything about economics.... Excuse me for not knowing my currencies, but I do know economics, and working at the store I learn supply and demand. I also learn what the people like to pay for and why we charge what we do. I learn why my boss can pay us what he does, and I learn about the public. Back on topic, Sandy Hook is a hoax
Its astounding you dont know some of the bigger reserve currencies heavily traded in the world when you suggest you have done research into economics .
I never purported to know a lot about economics , I dont know that much about economics my degree is in Law ,whilst we touched a bit on economics in some modules ,coupled with the fact that I consider myself to be politically engaged I have learned a bit about economics but the fact is I didn't claim to know anything about economics . I just know enough to know when someone else hasn't got a clue and isn't being realistic with themselves or others .

you dont learn anything like that working in retail ,you learn to stack shelves , bag groceries , deal with the best and the worst of the public and that's about it , Its a job at the end of the day which pays the bills nothing more nothing less . I have worked in that kind of job before , right from entry level up a to a member of a management team so dont think im looking down at the job i'm not i'm just aware of the realities of it day to day .

Its astounding you dont know some of the bigger reserve currencies heavily traded in the world when you suggest you have done research into economics .
I never purported to know a lot about economics , I dont know that much about economics my degree is in Law ,whilst we touched a bit on economics in some modules ,coupled with the fact that I consider myself to be politically engaged I have learned a bit about economics but the fact is I didn't claim to know anything about economics . I just know enough to know when someone else hasn't got a clue and isn't being realistic with themselves or others .

you dont learn anything like that working in retail ,you learn to stack shelves , bag groceries , deal with the best and the worst of the public and that's about it , Its a job at the end of the day which pays the bills nothing more nothing less . I have worked in that kind of job before , right from entry level up a to a member of a management team so dont think im looking down at the job i'm not i'm just aware of the realities of it day to day .

Well you're coming off as awfully arrogant for someone who is telling another he doesn't know much about economics when he doesn't know much himself

Back
Top Bottom