Will this SSD plug directly into my H57 MOBO

Which H57 mobo do you have? The answer is probably no as I don't see many desktop boards that have the mSATA connection on them.

I don't think this is the MOBO I have I believe mine is a ATX however I could be wronge.

Acer the PC manufactor took down the web site that had all the info on my PC so I don't know how to find out exactly which MOBO I have.

if I remember correctly can't seam to remember my H57 having m SATA ports I was thinking this type of SSD plugs into the PCI port.
best I can do is post image of MOBO

Thanks STB

Last edited:
While the mSATA is technically a PCI port, it's the same one that laptop WiFi adapters plug into, not one that comes in your every-day desktop board. There are some that come like that, but they do look like PCI cards with a face plate and everything.

my LT's WiFi adaptor is weak I use a external WiFi adaptor

can I unplug this weak LT WiFi adaptor and plug in this type of SSD they seam to less expensive compared to the SSD with a case.
Thanks
STB

I don't think this is the MOBO I have I believe mine is a ATX however I could be wronge.

Acer the PC manufactor took down the web site that had all the info on my PC so I don't know how to find out exactly which MOBO I have.

if I remember correctly can't seam to remember my H57 having m SATA ports I was thinking this type of SSD plugs into the PCI port.
best I can do is post image of MOBO

Thanks STB

Run a tool like Speccy and that should help identify your mobo or look on the motherboard it self for model and serial numbers.

Hey sorry but i saw this thread was about an ssd so i figured id ask. Will i notice a performance differance if i plug a ssd into a sata 2 port?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom