Laptop Issue!!! Won't turn on

KJLai

In Runtime
Hey guys.

Im putting this post here because I think its a hardware issue.

My Sony Laptop literally just failed to turn on for me last night. But It worked the day before.

So when I try to turn it on. The green power light comes up, but the other things won't turn on. Not the screen, not the running harddrive/fan to make it run, only the green light. I took out the shell at the bottom to take a look and cleaned it up a bit with the dust cleaners. But still won't work..

Any Ideas of why it won't turn on? The battery is like dead as well, but usually it will still run if i have the charger plugged in.

Let me know guys!

Thanks!!!

Thats gonna suck, cuz usually I can still use my laptop even without the battery, meaning i take it out and just have my laptop plugged in with the charger and it works. But ill see.

So I've taken the shell apart, took out and place back the RAM and the HDD. Nothing is working. So power button still turns on.but the HDD or the monitor still dont turn on. Other than that I flipped my laptop upside down and the HDD suddenly starts running, but the monitor doesnt turn on. Any ideas? Is it really a battery problem?

Because Im not trying to put about 70-100 for a laptop battery and if its not a battery problem.

please let me know!

Thanks

If you take the battery out does it run?

When a computer won't turn on it's hard to diagnose without having it and trying different things. It could be RAM, it could be HDD, it could be Motherboard....it could be a number of things and without spare parts to test with, it's hard to tell.

What happens if you take all the RAM out and try to start it up?

If you take the battery out does it run?

When a computer won't turn on it's hard to diagnose without having it and trying different things. It could be RAM, it could be HDD, it could be Motherboard....it could be a number of things and without spare parts to test with, it's hard to tell.

What happens if you take all the RAM out and try to start it up?

Hey jmacavali,

Um.. I have not tried taking the RAM out and turning it on. But I will try that this weekend.

I feel like its RAM/Battery. the HDD starts kicking somehow when i turn it upside down, but the monitor doesnt.

But ill try to turn it on w/o the RAM.

I'll let you know by this weekend!

Thanks,

Ohkay.

No beep when ram removed = mobo prob. Ill take a look at this soon and get back to you guys asap.!

Thanks for the advice

I guess this laptop is fried... I took out the RAM and the HDD still dont work... Unless im doing it wrong.

Any Ideas??

Back
Top Bottom