Random Chit Chat

1012137_10152044844184998_494938302_n.png

1798778_10152294171675086_1247489864_n.png

Fixing my car is taking the hell out of me!

Front and rear engine seals (O-rings I believe), transmission clutches (if I get the name right), fuel filter, rear differential seats, hoses here and there, full auto-transmission oil, transmission's seals...

Man, and still counting!

Eh, Went it comes to cars I am hopeless, I don't own one myself as I don't have my licence yet but I won't be touching anything under the hood..

Eh, Went it comes to cars I am hopeless, I don't own one myself as I don't have my licence yet but I won't be touching anything under the hood..

Agreed. I get paid to fix computers so that I can pay someone else to fix my car.

When it comes to small engines, my cousin is great with them. So I fix his computer for free (which he's bad at so it always needs fixed) and he keeps my mower and snow blower running.

I have this deal with several other people as well. I fix their computers in exchange for free services they offer (my wife's cousin is a beautician so we get free hair cuts). It works out better than that akward 'how much do I owe you' thing that always happens.

Finally done with the fixes!

The car drives completely different not; acceleration improved after overhauling the transmission!

This is the mechanical part only tho!

Tomorrow morning I'll start with the electrical part!

Not: overhaul means rebuild, by the way :D

I'm the same way BK, i don't mess with stuff under the hood either. We take it to our mechanic who is really a nice guy and reasonable. I can change out the spark plugs and minor stuff like that but i prefer not to.

Um, did any one imply that they fix their cars DIY (do it yourself)?

I see everyone moved to that subject all the sudden!

I can inflate the tires myself btw :)

Agreed. I get paid to fix computers so that I can pay someone else to fix my car.

When it comes to small engines, my cousin is great with them. So I fix his computer for free (which he's bad at so it always needs fixed) and he keeps my mower and snow blower running.

I have this deal with several other people as well. I fix their computers in exchange for free services they offer (my wife's cousin is a beautician so we get free hair cuts). It works out better than that akward 'how much do I owe you' thing that always happens.

Our bottom side neighbors the guy who lives there is good with cars and has fixed and looked at ours and his son also into cars found a spoiler we need and got it for $40 which was good.

I've fixed computers for people and I've been paid once or twice other I am happy to do it for nothing but will charge if new parts need to be replaced. It's the same with helping the neighbors out with general things such mowing lawns, Down it for the young couple with 2 kids a couple of times now and she's insisted paying me but I've said no but the one just been she said her husband will clean our carpets free of charge as he does that kind of thing. Her husband cannot mow his lawns as he gets bad hayfever so I've been happy to do it.

When it comes to mowers and brush cutters all I know how to do is put the petrol in and check the oil and change it, The rest I don't touch. I am not very good with putting new cord on a brush cutter and its the same for power tools, I'll only touch the drills, sanders, small jigsaws and the rest I don't touch otherwise something will go wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom