Found a Major Security Hole

SonicHysteria

Solid State Member
I found a major security hole on the school issued devices. The issue is I can't give it to the very lazy I.T. Dept. without compromising myself & getting expelled.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Some more Info
O.S.:Chromebook
Issue: All organization blocks become useless when flash file opens link

I found a major security hole on the school issued devices. The issue is I can't give it to the very lazy I.T. Dept. without compromising myself & getting expelled.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Some more Info
O.S.:Chromebook
Issue: All organization blocks become useless when flash file opens link

what is the hole? you should be able to discuss this.

Unless you've been using security scanning tools to really look for an issue, accidentally stumbling across an issue isn't an issue.

The hole is that an swf file ANY swf file crashes all organization blocks.
More info:
Lenovo Thinkpad Chromebook
Vanilla Chrome Os

P.S. My school does not care if I found by accident or not…

P.P.S. I found it while testing a browser I made using flash…(Maybe I'll upload it later) 😃

P.S. My school does not care if I found by accident or not…

And you know that how?

I'm curious what you sought to gain by/prove by bringing this up here if you're not willing to bring it up to your school's IT department.

I am thinking that you are going to try and use this security problem to your own advantage. How do you actually know if you will actually get into trouble for reporting it, Let a teacher know and they will probably notify the IT dept.

Back
Top Bottom