BELKIN AC 900 updated.

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
I purchased me a BELKIN AC 900 router.

What I am wondering when the router was installed and worked perfectly. Then after the automatic update the router would not pick to my cable companies internet signal.

Is there anyway to fix this?

are you still able to log into the router? Most routers i've worked on in the last few years allowed me to install older firmware revisions if I wanted. That'd be my first step if it lets you, and assuming you've tried restoring the router to factory defaults.

I did reset the router by pressing the reset button. All the wires are connected correctly. Because these were not changed from when the router was first installed and worked until the uodate. Yes the sign in information is correct. Only had to sign in the password on iPhone and iPad. If the router did not update would have been still working.

I Have no idea how to change back to the original software on the router.

What I mean is the details your ISP will give you such as a username and password to allow you to get out on to the internet, It's usually your email and password from your ISP.

What I mean is the details your ISP will give you such as a username and password to allow you to get out on to the internet, It's usually your email and password from your ISP.

Most, if not all US-based cable companies do not use username/passwords for logging in and getting a connection. All the authentication is done by the MAC address on the modem.

To change the router back, you'd need to go to Belkin's site to get the previous firmware file and download that. Then log into the router's setup page (varies by router on how to do that, should be on Belkin's site as well) and somewhere in the administration section of the router would be a place to upload new firmware.

I worked for a tech support company that did the support for 4 or 5 different ISP (yes - all the ISP support from all the ISPs in my area go to one call center with about 10-15 techs working at a time) and about half used PPPoE - where you had to put a username/password in the router. So when someone would add a router or change routers they had to call us to get that info (because they never had it written down).

This was about 6-7 years ago so maybe things have changed since? Also, only once did I hear a another tech say the wrong ISP when he answered the line...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom