used Macbook vs PC

I currently dj on a 2008 era compaq with a pentium cpu and it works perfect and the battery still holds a good charge! I just want another computer to replace my 2012 era compaq..... hey, can you still get a new macbook air 11 with an i3? if so that would be perfect! otherwise I will stick with a core 2 duo cpu mac..... defenitly don't want an i5 or i7!

Nope, You can only get them starting with an i5 Apple - MacBook Air - Technical Specifications. How about this refurbished Dell with an i5 for only $259.99 Newegg.com - Refurbished: DELL Latitude e5410-grade B Intel Core i5 2.40GHz 2GB Memory 160GB HDD 14.1" Notebook, Grade B Windows 7 Professional or HP Elite Book for only $274.99 Newegg.com - Refurbished: HP EliteBook 8440p Intel i5 2400 MHz 250Gig HDD 2048mb DVD-RW 14.0” WideScreen LCD Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit Laptop Notebook

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R I bought for $540 dollars in 2010 and I love it, and I use it as I type in this post :). By no means should you get a Mac, IMO. Graphics really don't matter unless you're doing stuff in Photoshop, After Effects or Blender. Go with a laptop that has an AMD A series (nothing below the A4) with Radeon Graphics if you want a little edge in the graphic world, or get a laptop with the Core i3, i5, i7, or the Core 2 Duo/Quad or Pentium CPU's. All good, won't burst your budget but will give you a good bang for your buck

:ermm::blink:

That's the first time I've ever heard that....

defenitly don't want an i5 or i7!

Why wouldn't you want an i3 or i5. Get something with an i3 at least for that extra bit of power. You'd notice the difference in performance, I've recently acquired a laptop with a Core 2 Duo and the speed is quite alright but my current laptop with an i3 is better whereas my old laptop with an AMD E2 was soo slow and wouldn't handle DJ work..

I would consider a i3.... but no windows 8 please... gives me enough compatibility issues already.....

might just get a used/ refurbished Macbook Air

$799 for a 4,1 with an i7 and
128 ssd,
4 gb of ram,
10.7.5 w/o i life

Last edited:
I would consider a i3.... but no windows 8 please... gives me enough compatibility issues already.....

128 ssd,
4 gb of ram,
10.7.5 w/o i life

128 GB SSD means you only have 128 GB of space on it! And I would recommend something other than Mac

128 ssd,
4 gb of ram,
10.7.5 w/o i life

Both the ones I suggested have Windows 7 Professional/Home Premium installed and would be way better than a Macbook..

wait can you still get windows 7 from manufactures or do you have to go to 3rd party venders

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

128 GB SSD means you only have 128 GB of space on it! And I would recommend something other than Mac

my laptop has a 250 gb hdd on it now and i'm not even half full

wait can you still get windows 7 from manufactures or do you have to go to 3rd party venders

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

These have been refurbished by Newegg and had Windows 7 reinstalled on them but you can still buy copies of it.

That's cutting it WAY too close. And if you get a Refurbished or a Used laptop, or maybe a NEW one you can get Win 7 on it. If Win 8 is your only option, you can download a skin that makes Win 8 the same as Win 7! :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom