Missing Plane

ssc456

Fully Optimized
So you guys, have you heard?

BBC News - Malaysia Airlines: What we know about flight MH370

Seems very bizarre?
The transponder was switched off but automatically sends a mayday signally if it detects sudden altitude drop (and it didn't).
No wreckage has been found.
It changed direction half way through it's flight (believed to head back to where It came from).
Last contact was around 50 mins after take off.
Weather was reportedly good.
The pilot had around 18,000 hours experience.
The plane is regarded as 1 of the safest in the air today.
A Plane went down and crashed into the sea back in 2009 and debris from it was found just a day later.

Isn't this the same plane where there were 4 passports scanned through security of people supposedly on the plane, but then they found out that those 4 people were safe and never got on the plane but had their passports stolen 2-3 years ago?

There were certainly 4 people that boarded the plane with stolen passports yes.
I haven't heard the whereabouts of the 4 people that they were stolen from?

I heard on the radio today, but cannot find anything to support this, that some of the passenger's cell phones are still active and pinging off of towers in China which would be weird to say the least. I'd be tempted to believe it, but when I don't charge my phone after a day it dies, let alone 2-3 days after the aircraft went missing?

I heard on the radio today, but cannot find anything to support this, that some of the passenger's cell phones are still active and pinging off of towers in China which would be weird to say the least. I'd be tempted to believe it, but when I don't charge my phone after a day it dies, let alone 2-3 days after the aircraft went missing?

Yeah I heard that too but I'm not convinced?

I mean I suppose if they had all data turned off and it was only a couple weeks old it could survive 3 maybe 4 days without re-charging.

But otherwise 48 hours max.

Yeah I heard that too but I'm not convinced?

I mean I suppose if they had all data turned off and it was only a couple weeks old it could survive 3 maybe 4 days without re-charging.

But otherwise 48 hours max.

Exactly. And if their cell phones were working, why not contact loved ones and say "hey, we're alive". Keeping 200+ people from contacting loved ones seems a little difficult if their phones are working.

my work phone last for around 5 days between charges specifically because I rarely even use it.

that's a blackberry curve...

if the scenario is that phones are scattered all over the place and no people are alive to waste power trying to call or turning on the screen etc then in a couple more days the phones would just drop off...

I suspect however that this isn't true.

a, we're not talking small distances, and the transmitter in a cell phone just isn't that strong.
b, if the cells had contact with cell towers a position could be triangulated.
c, even if you say that they only had contact with a single cell tower, well the emergency services would just use some mobile transmitters placed within the transmitting radius of the cell tower that phones were contacting.
d, the phone company wouldn't have released such information publicly, and authorities would be wary of releasing such information as it gets peoples hopes up.

I just find this one huge mystery. How could a jet with 239 people just vanish?

You would think with today's technology we could find a missing jet, but wasn't the plane flying in or around the devils triangle?

Yes I've heard this aswell.

The tweets from a passenger who claims to have missed boarding Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 | News.com.au

Back
Top Bottom