New Build Review

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at building a new PC within the next month or two and have put together a rough parts list for it.
It won't be used for gaming in any way shape or form, except maybe the Sims or Age Of Empires :)

It will mainly be a development machine.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H Socket 1150 DVI HDMI 7.1 channel.. | Ebuyer.com

Processor: Intel Core i5 4670K 3.40GHz Socket 1150 6MB Cache.. | Ebuyer.com

RAM: Kingston Hyper X 8GB 2400MHz DDR3 CL11 DIMM (Kit of 2.. | Ebuyer.com

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB SATA 3 2.5inch SSD | Ebuyer.com

Case: CiT Mars Case with Red Fan | Ebuyer.com

PSU: Powercool Modular 550W PSU 80+ Dual 12V V2.2 High.. | Ebuyer.com

DVD Drive: Samsung SH-118AB 18X Internal DVD-ROM Reader with SATA | Ebuyer.com

The on-board graphics will do me absolutely fine, I can connect two monitors and that's all I need.
I know the PSU and Case are very low budget but that's fine, I'm not too fussed about the quality of the case and I've took a risk with cheap PSU's before and they seem to have been ok for me.

Other than that, any advice?

That looks to be a very good build for what you will be doing, Why not a low end GPU even if you were to play sims..

I don't know a lot . . . . ok I don't know anything about graphics, it's never been a subject I've explored. But I mean the Sims I'm referring to is old school Sims.

That I ran on my Celeron 2.4 with on board graphics around 7 years ago and it handled it fine back then.

Also I think, could be wrong but would a £20 - £30 GPU actually be any better than the on board?

Ouch an extra £50 . . .
I will certainly consider it. I'll keep it on the back burner for now.

You'll be looking at a higher end graphics card to run 4 monitors. Probably in the $250 range (that's like 150 pounds right?). At least that's what I would guess, but I don't know much about video cards either as I've never had a need for one.

I've been reading about it and some say I should be able to use 2 x £20 cards or onboard and a cheap £20 card?

Back
Top Bottom