used Macbook vs PC

whitie III

Baseband Member
should I get a used Macbook or new PC? I have a budget of $600

I could get a Black Macbook 4,1 with 2.4 GHz Core 2 duo with 2 gigs of ram and intel x3100 graphics or I could get a PC with 1.75 GHz Pentium with 2 gigs of ram and intel x3100 graphics

It would be used for dj mostly but it will also go online for basic web use and word processing/powerpoint

thoughts?

Last edited:
I would compare "new VS new" and "Used VS used"

If you are into used computers then get a used PC at your budget.
You will get something better then that little crApple macbook.

If you like the Mac osX then instead of going Windows you can install Ubuntu or mint on the PC.
It it very similar to mac if you use the gnome interface. (not gnome shell)
Plz tell me if you don't understand what i am talking about.

Here is an image of Linux Mint
LinuxMint(Ubuntu)%20Gnome2.33.preview.png

Last edited:
That Macbook is too much $$ for that machine. There's one comparable to the one you posted around me and it sold for ~$300 with 4GB of RAM and a Core 2 duo. I love Macbooks, but a lot of people ask waaayyy too much for their used laptops. Wait and find a better deal.

the macbook is not 600, that's my budget... the mac is $549.00

I would like a computer from around 2008 (vista era) with a Pentium or Core 2 duo I have good luck with them!

Last edited:
it is not 600, that's my budget... the mac is $549.00

I would like a computer from around 2008 (vista era) with a Pentium or Core 2 duo I have good luck with them!

Well then look at the link I posted, They have lots fir core 2 duo machines and some probably have vista..

should I get a used Macbook or new PC? I have a budget of $600

I could get a Black Macbook 4,1 with 2.4 GHz Core 2 duo with 2 gigs of ram and intel x3100 graphics or I could get a PC with 1.75 GHz Pentium with 2 gigs of ram and intel x3100 graphics

It would be used for dj mostly but it will also go online for basic web use and word processing/powerpoint

thoughts?

Honestly. To buy anything under an i3 Quad @ $600 would just be retardedness. Before I can help I would say DO NOT BUY EITHER ONE OF THOSE COMPUTERS. :D :D :D :D

What's your budget? You can find a way newer laptop than a 2008 (6 year old) laptop for $300-400.

If your using it to DJ, I would think you'd want the best your budget will allow...

I wouldn't buy a 6 year old computer...there are much better machines out there for less $$. A 6 year old computer is much more prone to having components fail, and in the end you might spend more money than you would have if you paid it up front for a new machine. Buy a laptop with an i-Series processor, as much RAM as you can get, a nice hard drive, and a NEW battery. On a 6 year old computer, you will to spend $50 to get a usable battery anyway.

I currently dj on a 2008 era compaq with a pentium cpu and it works perfect and the battery still holds a good charge! I just want another computer to replace my 2012 era compaq..... hey, can you still get a new macbook air 11 with an i3? if so that would be perfect! otherwise I will stick with a core 2 duo cpu mac..... defenitly don't want an i5 or i7!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom