Trouble Connecting 2nd Monitor To Desktop - Is It Even Possible?

I'm not convinced either of those are what I call "low profile".

Maybe I have my terminology mixed up.
I mean a small end where the ports are, like this:
Low_Profile_brackets.jpg

You see there is only room for a DVI and single HDMI, I'm not entirely sure the cards you guys have linked to will fit as they are showing space for a DVI, HMDI and VGA port which makes me think they are full size.

*Edit
of course you can still get cards that will give you multiple monitors like this:

14-161-078-08.jpg

The card I linked comes with a braket that turns it into the first pic you posted ssc.

the port on top of the vga under the keybored port is a display port.... there is your second monitor output.... it can be connected to anything, vga, dvi a/d/i or hdmi as well as display port (duh!) plus it will allow you to connect up to 4 monitors threw 1 port (with a display port adapter (1 display port to 2/4)) at a max resolution of 1920X1080 for 4 monitors or 2 monitors at a max resolution of 2560X1600

Last edited:
Reactions: tgi
I did not know what that port was. I figured it was fire-wire or something similar. Are you able to use both ports at once though?

Yes, it needs to be low-profile.

The important question is to find out what connections your two monitors will be using.

This is a low profile card with a VGA/DVI/HDMI output: EVGA 512-P3-1300-LR GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 32-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card - Newegg.com

Thanks for the link but graphics card is out of the question now :( Both monitors will use VGA connections.

I doubt that you'll be lucky enough to be able to add a video card unless your IT department is really cool/lax.

Something like this shouldn't give you any issues though:
EVGA - Products - UV Plus+ | Model: UV39 - 100-U3-UV39-KR
That UV Plus is great! It is exactly what I would need, that will be my 2nd option pending on the post below.

the port on top of the vga under the keybored port is a display port.... there is your second monitor output.... it can be connected to anything, vga, dvi a/d/i or hdmi as well as display port (duh!) plus it will allow you to connect up to 4 monitors threw 1 port (with a display port adapter (1 display port to 2/4)) at a max resolution of 1920X1080 for 4 monitors or 2 monitors at a max resolution of 2560X1600

Sweet! So I should get a Display port to VGA adapter, plug that into the Display port and plug the VGA monitor to the adapter and then I should have 2 displays working as a extended desktop?

Amazon.com : HP Displayport To VGA Adapter (AS615AA) : Electronics Cable Adapters : Electronics

I did not know what that port was. I figured it was fire-wire or something similar. Are you able to use both ports at once though?

Neither did I until last week, Anyway I don't think you would be able to use two screens on integrated graphics put you could try..

You should be able to use both ports at the same time. If the computer doesn't do it by default, you may have to change a BIOS setting to enable it to use both at one time.

Back
Top Bottom