Computer will not turn on

OliverO

Beta member
I wondered if someone would be able to help me sort out this issue, I press the power button on my computer and nothing powers on. The fans don't power on no LEDs on the motherboard light up. I thought myself this is an indication that the power supply had packed in so i replaced my old power supply and got a new one the same results happened again.

I wonder if I've plugged everything in correctly I'm sure i have but I want to check I have the 24 pin socket in my mother board and the 4 pin socket i have the 6 pin socket into the graphics card and i have the sockets for the hard drive and optical drive in.

I'm not sure what else to think. Do you reckon it could be my motherboard or cpu that's packed in?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Computer Forums mobile app

Take the RAM out and turn it on again. See if you get any beep code errors.

Take the video card out (assuming you have on-board graphics) and see if it works then.

I just tried doing that and still nothing happening unfortunately

Just tried it still nothing happening, the PSU is 750w

Well I am thinking it would be motherboard, Just double check that every cable is plugged in securely and where it is supposed to go, It could be the power button's cable isn't plugged in..

I've spent a lot of time checking each part to make sure its plugged in correctly I also unplugged the power buttons cable then plugged it back into the mother board just to see if it would help and still had the same results

Well I am thinking that the motherboard could be dead since you are getting no power or its PSU, What kind of motherboard is it?

Hmm I'm not sure if the exact make unfortunately, I'm going to get a new motherboard, CPU and set of ram today. My computer could do with upgrading and hopefully i shouldn't have any problems after that.

Back
Top Bottom