Random Chit Chat

This is from a few a months back but I will do any up to date this arvo at home.

2768184831.png

Could be worse. I was on 56k, sometimes 28.8k up until 2008.

EDIT: I made that seem recent. I still say "twenty years ago" when I'm talking about the eighties :\ Sometimes growing up is depressing.

I am not happy now that the federal government is breaking its promise by not delivering fiber optic to the home and using the existing copper network, They may aswell scrap the whole rollout as the speeds will be just the same..

I am not happy now that the federal government is breaking its promise by not delivering fiber optic to the home and using the existing copper network, They may aswell scrap the whole rollout as the speeds will be just the same..

Have been on fiber optics for the last 14 years.

Must be hard living down in the back woods of Australia :lol:

Actually, conventional cables are good enough to handle speeds up to 24mbps (ADSL2+) which is good enough for home use! With some advanced equipment, it can reach up to 40mbps (VDSL2)!

I'm having the same problem, and my connection is 16mbps now!

ADSL & Fiber optics will suffer at times, depends on bandwidth & use as at times the systems can be congested.

In in-laws get 1MB down. And they are in "the country" but only like 3 minutes outside the city limits of a town and about 20 minutes from the major city in our area. And they pay a pretty heavy price for it.

At work, first thing in the morning, when no one else is here:
3349761351.png

Back
Top Bottom