Wi-Fi Not Working

ericli1234

Beta member
My Wi-Fi seems to have mysteriously "broke" itself.

I took my laptop (Lenovo B575) out today and it seems my wi-fi wasn't connecting. I booted into Windows 7 and realized that in my device manager, the wi-fi adpater didn't show up. I was able to repair the drivers manually and get the adapter to show up in the device manager. [Wi-Fi Adapter: Atheros 9285] However, even now, my wi-fi is beeing detected as "turned off" as the network diagnostic tells me to turn on the wi-fi switch. The switch is turned on, but the hotkey to turn on the wifi inside the computer isn't working at all. Because I set up my computer to dual boot, I booted into Ubuntu 12.04LTS (my primary operating system) and it tells me that the wifi hardware switch has been turned off when it clearly is on.

How can I fix my Wi-Fi?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ok first thing is first and probably already done but still... have you tested the WiFi on another device (phone, tablet or other laptop)?

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Maybe it's the wrong driver? Where did you get the driver? Try uninstalling it and letting Windows find it or checking Windows Updates. If that doesn't work try going to the laptop manufacturer's website and downloading the driver from there.

The driver is from the Lenovo Manufacturer website and it doesn't work whatsoever.

If I try to install the Atheros Driver from Atheros's main website, my driver installs properly but if I reboot, it will give me a BSOD everytime until I boot into ubuntu and delete the entire folder containing the installed driver.

Maybe my adapter card is screwed over?

The BSOD tells me the driver is malfunctioning and in Ubuntu, my wifi card doesn't seem to register either.

What about just going to device manager and uninstalling the driver. Reboot and go back to device manager it should have the yellow question mark on the network device. Then let Windows find the driver and see if that works. Don't forget to reboot after Windows have finished installing.

Mossiac

What about just going to device manager and uninstalling the driver. Reboot and go back to device manager it should have the yellow question mark on the network device. Then let Windows find the driver and see if that works. Don't forget to reboot after Windows have finished installing.

Mossiac

That's what I was trying to say. thanks mossiac
......Try uninstalling it and letting Windows find it.....

Back
Top Bottom