network 2 computers, not through router providing internet connection

logan8246

Beta member
Hi,
hope you can help,
I have two computers, which used to be in office, hooked directly to my nighthawk netgear router.

mother in law moved in, and now they are in a different room and are networked together and access the internet wirelessly.

problem.
one computer contains my bookkeeping software and shares the company folder with the second computer which is my workstation.
(sage 50 is the bookkeeping software)

Spent 3 hours with sage helpdesk and cannot get this to work properly. It seems that it is to much information for this program to process wirelessly.

Solution:
I have a second nighthawk set up in bridge mode for my media room, I am getting ready to get it and hook it up and hard wire both computers to it and see if that works. If it does work, I still really need that router for my media room , can you have two nighthawks working in bridge mode?

or

is there a way, to hook both of these computers together with a hub or switch to talk to each other, while still getting our internet over the wireless connection?

also, the workstation is accessing the company data folder on the server via a mapped drive.

Thanks for you help.

if you have to connect with a cable then you have to connect with a cable.

you may as well run a cable from each PC to the router?

a second wireless router is unlikely to help, unless your slow speeds are caused by a very weak signal that's slowing down the network speeds.

Back
Top Bottom