laptop freezes ONLY when trying surf internet

Yea that was with no battery. I ran the memory test that's already loaded on the laptop and it comes up as being okay. Is that the same one as memtest86?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Computer Forums mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

What is a normal temp for CPU?

Depends on the case/cpu/etc but "normal" is probably between 25°C-50°C. A laptop, by nature, runs hotter. Some CPU's run acceptable at the upper end of that range. Mine runs most of the time at 20°-25°.

I would guess the memory test would be about the same. I've kind of hit the limits of my knowledge at this point. We've pretty much ruled out the hard ware (could be the hard drive I suppose) so maybe it's Windows that's causing the issues.

You said it works ok in safe mode though right? So maybe try going to start>run>msconfig>go to the startup tab>uncheck anything that doesn't need to start with the computer.

Yup works fine in safe mode. I used it in safe mode for a good while and never froze. How will I know what the disabled at start up?

Well you can either get C Cleaner. Or just type "msconfig" in the start search and the go to the start up tap.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

You were told earlier in your posts of potential problem, it will be driver issues as mentioned by Venus, bit odd it works ok in safe mode but not normal mode.

Would not be 1st time a computer restore stuffed up, do another one & update the drivers & OS updates.

Back
Top Bottom