Random Chit Chat

Nice, Your son a gamer too?

Well, he's only 8, but yea we nerd out on Diablo 3 every so often. He usually just plays games from the Windows Store but his current GPU is crap so D3 looks horrible.

Can I be your son for a few days until the package arrives here? LOL :whistling:
I know exactly what you mean, even if my computer works just fine, who doesn't want to add a little spice to it? :)

Haha, I think two small boys is all I can handle at the moment.

And right! A faster PC is every nerd's dream.

Re: Bode Miller

My brother thinks that you are wrong.
your brother is wrong,

it's really very simple, and to do with the way that the E changes the vowel sound from a hard to a soft sound.

bod,
win
shin
grim
bon
con

but an E on the end of all these words

win , wu i nu, -> wine , wu eye nu
bon , bu o nu -> bone , bu-oh-nu
con , cu o nu -> cu oh nu

bod, bu o du -> bu oh du (like abode)

bu oh dee is spelt bodie.
bu o dee is spelt body

that's the way that English works, trailing e's change vowels from hard to soft sounds.

(and that's why the whole router -as in switching equipment is pronounced the way a British person would say it, -not the way an American or an Australian would say it.

because it's derived from the word route -like a path taken on a journey, (when the E changes those hard vowel sound of the u, - ru, oo, tu )

and is not derived from the word rout -a channel carved into a piece of wood (which has no trailing e and is pronounced ru-ou-tu (ou like the start of ouch)

to be honest this is primary school stuff, (as in I remember being taught this when I was 6 or 7 years old). if you're old enough to type then you should be old enough to pronounce words properly!

My brother and I are having a debate about whether or not "Bode" is pronounced "bode" as in "It BODES we'll for her" or "Bod-e". I think that it's pronounced the first way and my brother doesn't.
I want to know what you people think. :)

My brother thinks that you are wrong.

So he pronounces it like "body". Yes because that makes total sense. "It bodies well for her" or to use another example given here "I write cody".

Like Root said, this is pretty basic English.

Lol.. Like the rest said, it's common English, why not ask your parents?

My mother yells at my every time that I bring it up because she finds it "annoying".

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

My mother yells at my every time that I bring it up because she finds it "annoying".

And he's to stubborn to think anything else and he says that he "repurposed the word".

How old is he? I'm thinking A) He's really young and just doesn't know better, B) he's really dumb (to be blunt about it) and will have a very difficult time in real life or C) just being a big troll.

Back
Top Bottom