Tie breaker

• Briggs

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Mix

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
This is the tie breaker to decide who the winner will be. Voting will close on Monday and the winner will be asked to pick a new topic.

Briggs&stratton
attachment.php

~Mr_Mixx~
DSCI0081_zpseed9bd3a.jpg

I had to vote for briggs, fantastic photos to the both of you ;). @ Mrmixx. I don't know what you used to take the picture. But if you have a DSLR I can give a little tip on how to shoot a tree in an area like that. Obviously the tree is really pretty and you want to get more of it on there, to capture the serenity. But the distractions in the background mess it up it a little bit. A couple ways to help prevent objects taking your eye away from the subject, is bring your Aperture as low as possible. This way you can focus on the tree and blur out the background as much as possible. Use a tripod if you have one. Doesn't need to be good, just a stand of sorts, can be a table too. You will be amazed the difference it makes. 1: it'll make cropping about 80-90% better. 2:Even though the details that you directly look on the picture won't seem much different, The corners of the picture will come out better. I picture in that light would need about 200-400 ISO. and about .150 shutter speed. Just a few tips depending on your camera that could help a bit :) nice pictures to the both of you though :)

Hmm...

I hope the original voters catch up with this new tie breaker thread before Monday.

Is there a way to automatically auto-vote for those originally already voted? (huh?)

@ Mrmixx. I don't know what you used to take the picture. But if you have a DSLR I can give a little tip on how to shoot a tree in an area like that. Obviously the tree is really pretty and you want to get more of it on there, to capture the serenity. But the distractions in the background mess it up it a little bit. A couple ways to help prevent objects taking your eye away from the subject, is bring your Aperture as low as possible. This way you can focus on the tree and blur out the background as much as possible. Use a tripod if you have one. Doesn't need to be good, just a stand of sorts, can be a table too. You will be amazed the difference it makes. 1: it'll make cropping about 80-90% better. 2:Even though the details that you directly look on the picture won't seem much different, The corners of the picture will come out better. I picture in that light would need about 200-400 ISO. and about .150 shutter speed. Just a few tips depending on your camera that could help a bit :) nice pictures to the both of you though :)

Thanks for the tip but to be fair, i was only using a Polaroid digital camera. The yard is small so i only had two choices to take the picture, so i went with the one i had. I don't take a lot of pictures so you can call me a virgin when it comes to taking really good photos..:lol:

Wait, can those who already voted for the others vote again?

Isn't this against the rules, as it is considered double posting?

It feels like a qualifications match for me now!

No ulterior motives, just thinking loud here!

ok ladies and gents, shall we announce the winner as Briggs?
Very nice photo from both joint winners of the original competition.

So Briggs what's the next category / theme going to be?

Back
Top Bottom