Do you collect movies?

Celery

Golden Master
I love to watch movies and I have over 700 DVDs in my collection so far but I only put 525 in the database as keepers. I get them in pawn shops and Walmart bargain bins. About 80% were bought in pawn shops for $1-$3 and the rest for $5 in bargain bins.

I'm always looking for more but getting harder to find, especially those that I want and still looking. Since I'm hearing impaired I look for those with SDH or CC on 'em. There was lots of movies I haven't seen before even though they're old as I didn't go to movies much.

Also I have so many that the cases took up a lot of room so I kept the DVDs on spindles and tossed the cases.

Y'all have favorites? :)

I didn't upgrade my rig with three 4TB HDD's for nothing :)

Some flicks are worth keeping. My favorite movie of all times is Terminator 2.

I don't have any DVDs but i watch a movie a night an have done for 10years.

Everyone knows me and films so their always asking me what the best latest films are.

My fav film would be sin city.

I had a lot of movies on hard drive but deleted them as I needed the space, I have about 67.6GB on my hard drive and I might get a dedicated external drive to store them all on. I am looking forward to seeing Robo Cop.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really call what I have a collection. I have a few hundred DVDs of movies that I have purchased over the years. Many of them I watched once and have no interest in ever watching again so they sit on the shelf and collect dust. I have a 1TB wireless drive that I have about 100 of my favorite movies on that I bring with me when I travel so I can watch a movie on my phone, tablet or laptop, whatever I have handy.

Last edited:
I buy blu-rays of movies I really like, and I mean it has to be good enough to rewatch several times. My collection isn't real big. I don't just go out and buy a movie I think I might like and never watch it again. I also have a smaller DVD collection of stuff that I either can't get on blu-ray, already had on DVD, or I get as gifts on DVD. I used to watch a lot of movies, but lately I haven't been interested by most new movies. I watch a lot of TV shows and I'll watch a movie every now and then if it seems really interesting.

My favorite movie of all time has been Collateral for years now. Have only ever heard one other person say that was their favorite. Most people seem to have never even seen it despite two big name actors in it.

That's with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx right? I have that, good movie.

I had a lot of movies on hard drive but deleted them as I needed the space, I have about 67.6GB on my hard drive and I might get a dedicated external drive to store them all on. I am looking forward to seeing Robo Cop.

Me too. Robo cop looks pretty good remake of the old one. Personally I enjoy to watch newer remakes of older movies. You have the same fun story but much better effects. That's why I like terminator salvation.

Back
Top Bottom