RAM Question

Craig Prince

In Runtime
Just wanted to ask a quick question. Would it be a better idea to get (4 x 4gb) sticks of RAM or (2 x 8gb) of RAM? The motherboard I would be using would be Asus Rampage 4 Extreme Black Edition with 8 available RAM slots and the ability to hold 64gb of ram.

I know I would have more ability to upgrade my RAM with the (2 x 8gb) however I would like to take advantage of quad channel RAM. Which I could with the (4 x 4gb) but couldn't with the (2 x 8gb).

Just wanted to ask a quick question. Would it be a better idea to get (4 x 4gb) sticks of RAM or (2 x 8gb) of RAM? The motherboard I would be using would be Asus Rampage 4 Extreme Black Edition with 8 available RAM slots and the ability to hold 64gb of ram.

I know I would have more ability to upgrade my RAM with the (2 x 8gb) however I would like to take advantage of quad channel RAM. Which I could with the (4 x 4gb) but couldn't with the (2 x 8gb).

I'd say 4x4GB because you can get 4GB Sticks pretty cheap, and say one would go bad, you'll have 12 GB of ram instead of 8 if you went with 2x8

Yeah go with 4x4 for 16 gigs. That's plenty of memory and quad channels to boot.

Yeah I agree with everyone else, 4x4GB sticks is better than 8x2GB sticks, May I ask why you will need 16GB of ram?

No real reason why I think I would be using 16gbs of ram, just if I ever need 16gbs of ram I already have it. Anyways thanks for the help everyone! :)

I would do 4x4 as well.

I have the same setup myself and once I managed to get to 9.4GB so still plenty. I had some VM machines running, some web pages and media player.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom