newbie (I need help picking a new cooling system)

huxley001

Solid State Member
my curent liquide cooling system is noisy now. and I want to improve my computer and make it the most quiet I can.

current system: asetek 510LC liquid cooling system 120mm radiator & fan. and it buzzes now, its annoying :S

my case is a : cooler master HAf 912 mid-tower gaming case w/ajustable HHD cage.

my CPU: AMD phenom II x6 1100t six-core w/hypertransport technology.

mother board: (crossfirex) ASUS M5A97 AMD 970 chipset crossfireX suppot DDR3 Socket AM3+ ATX w/7.1 audio, GbLAN,usb3.0. sata-III, raid, 2 gen2 pcle, 2pcle x1, &2 pcI

I know a little about computers but never replaced a cooling system, so i need a little help. my socket supports what type of cooling system or heat sink ect...

I have 2 fans 120mm that I'd like to replace aswell to a more silent model.

I'd like to make my computer very quiet , performance wise I do game sometimes but not extreme, i ply games like border line 2 , men of war, dead space 3, fallout las vegas,,, ect..

Look at some Noctua NF-S12A PWM. Those are some serious quiet case fans.
Here is a link to some more quiet fans. (note that CFM are also important, that's what a suggested these noctua fans. they where great performing and still quiet)
Ultra-Quiet 120mm fans

Your motherboard has a AM3+ socket. So you need to buy a CPU cooler that supports that socket.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

This cooler is a very popular CPU cooler. Newegg.ca - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
For the cheap price of 32 bucks, you really get something for your money.
Don't know how quiet it is compared to other similar coolers. But you can always reduce the FAN speed a little as long as you don't have the CPU overclocked.

Back
Top Bottom