Random Pop Up Message keeps appearing

Miralem

Beta member
hey guys, ive been getting a problem with my laptop recently where a pop up appears for a split second and goes away. i have no idea what the problem is.

with my excellent problem solving skills ;) i decided to download a screen recorder and leave it recording until it popped up again so i could see the icon on my task bar but i have no idea what it is or what its referring to?

any help will be greatly appreciated!

(the pop up message icon is the one on the right)

Attachments

• popu.jpg
    popu.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
First thing I would do is run a virus scan and then run a scan with Malwarebytes. I don't know what that icon is either, but I would be leary of a random pop up like that. Does anything appear on the screen or just on the task bar?

The next thing I would do is to go into Start>type msconfig in the run box>go to the startup tab and uncheck anything that you don't recognize. Then check the task manager for any process running that you don't know what they are.

Last edited:
First thing I would do is run a virus scan and then run a scan with Malwarebytes. I don't know what that icon is either, but I would be leary of a random pop up like that. Does anything appear on the screen or just on the task bar?

The next thing I would do is to go into Start>type msconfig in the run box>go to the startup tab and uncheck anything that you don't recognize. Then check the task manager for any process running that you don't know what they are.

nope nothing pops up on the screen just on the task bar. the icon matches the devices and printers logo in the control panel (windows 7) so surely its something to do with that?

ive checked all processes and nothing links back to it

thanks for your help and reply its greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom