Help Please! Notebook screen replacement

Kizerfluid

Beta member
My friend broke his netbook screen so i helped him order and fit a replacement screen. The problem is his netbook had a CCFL backlit screen and there is no CCFL replacements out there i searched google for ages so we bought a L.E.D backlit screen and got a converter cable but its still not working.

His netbook is a Acer Aspire One ZH9 the screen we bought said it would fit and work with a ZH9 but as we found out they changed the ZH9 over to L.E.D backlit screens after he bought his with a CCFL we bought this converter cable:

Universal 10.1'' LCD CCFL to LED Screen Converter Cable HP Acer Dell Toshiba | eBay

Fits perfectly just the screen still not working we have tryed it without the cable aswell as it fits but still nothing screen dose not seem to power up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have been racking our brains and google for days now and we can't find much on it.

Try turning the brightness up if the screen using the keyboard. These converted screens only work on full brightness. If they keys don't work plug in an external monitor and logon. Then go to the power options and change the brightness there.

Thanks for your reply.

We have tryed this and it still not working. We took it down to a local computer shop to look at and they were baffled after 3 days of working on it trying to get it to work and could not offer us any more help.

We took it down to a local electronic shop that dose tablet,mobile phone and other such repairs and after he had messed with it for about 2 days he came to the conclusion:

"The screen is a direct replacement for the screen that came out and should work without the converter cable. Only thing i can think of is you have been sent a faulty screen"

I went on to tell him about the CCFL & L.E.D backlit screen's he replied with:

"I have researched it and contacted the screen manufacturer about this as myself i was not sure. They told me that the little board attached to the bottem of the screen is not a Inverter on the L.E.D screen but a L.E.D power board which if it needs to converts a CCFL signal to L.E.D. Which is why there should be no need for a converter cable"

Still having no joy with it. If anyone on here has any idea's before we send the screen back for a replacement please let me know.

thank you

That guy in your last post sounds like he knows his stuff, He has confirmed even with the upgreaded screen it should work so it defintly sounds like its fualty.

Check the bios. Sometimes there Are power brightness controls there.

If you can see a faint image of the display but it's not bring lit up then you have a problem with the converter cable lighting the backlight. Change this and it should work.

Still no luck then you can't convert your screen and will need to find a replacement CCFL screen. One with the pink and white inverter cable.

If you don't have that faint outline when using a torch on the screen then you have a problem with the LCD display.

Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom