Random Chit Chat

:eek:

Woo hold your horses... (huh?)

I know "what's up" and it's variants "sup" and "wussup"! (West Coast?)

I know dollars can be called bucks or green as well.

Also some funny expressions like "kick the bucket", "bite the dust", "kick back", "beat about the bush" and some others!

Never been to the States before, nor any other native English speaking country. My sources are the media!

Note: media is plural :rolleyes:

Oi Oi Oi !!!

This one will stretch your brain to work out.....lol

If you need an explanation I will post at later date.

Drone Jargon

I bought www.multirotorplatforms.com as the domain and the name of the place. I finally found something that interests me more than answering silly assed questions about wtf is wrong with my computer. I'm still burned out on this place. You won't see me too often. JanetH's PM to me is more the reason I pop in now and then.

Buying a kit or building one from scratch then taking it out to fly is like nothing you have ever done. When I go fly I put my FPV goggles on and I see what the camera mounted on the bird sees. I'm up there with it. It's almost spiritual. For a brief amount of time the bird and I are one.
I move the control stick to make it go off in some direction and I go with it.
When I bring my lady in to land it's like I am so relaxed. Peaceful.

Now instead of answering the same questions over and over, I am back to scratch designing electronics for me and my fellow fliers. I'm now working on a proto type of a camera power and video controller board. When most get in to FPV flying the biggest complaint is the rats nest of wiring. If you remember the pics of my last computer build, I'm not down with messy wiring. The board will give them a central hub to have the wiring come to and distribute out from. Add a DVR or a transmitter of your choice, a camera, and go fly.

This is really the thing I like doing. It's fun for lack of better terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYHxNOtWmU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqvASmLBzDo

Just an FYI: When the new forum goes on line, the picture links to here and other places I've linked pics to will be broken. Burns up my bandwidth I have to pay for.

Last edited:
Did you guys see Sony sold it's PC division.

That's very interesting...

I was just trying to locate some photoprinters for a client and found that they also sold their Photo Printer business to another company. Perhaps they're 'trimming the fat' and focusing on a particular business unit? Maybe these are the start of many division sell off's?

EDIT: Gonna be upgrading my gaming rig after I invoice for this next job. Here's what I plan to get so far:

CPU: AMD FX8350 Black Edition
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
GPU: Radeon R9 270

Last edited:
That's very interesting...

I was just trying to locate some photoprinters for a client and found that they also sold their Photo Printer business to another company. Perhaps they're 'trimming the fat' and focusing on a particular business unit? Maybe these are the start of many division sell off's?

FROM THE ARTICLE said:
Sony will also spin off its TV business, which has been operating at a loss for the past couple of years, into a separate, wholly owned subsidiary by July.

Sony claims imaging, game and mobile are the three core businesses that will drive the company's growth. On the other hand, the unprofitable PC and TV businesses needed reform. While Sony still thinks there's money to be made in TVs by refocusing on high-end and 4K models, the PC business simply had to go.
Sounds like not just 'trimming the fat' but dumping un-profitable parts of their business. They want to focus on "imaging, game, and mobile". Sounds like the right thing to do. Wonder who will be next?

does anyone still using the old school gmail notifier tray icon app noticing that it no longer notifies of new emails? On both my computers it has ceased to function.

I bought www.multirotorplatforms.com as the domain and the name of the place. I finally found something that interests me more than answering silly assed questions about wtf is wrong with my computer. I'm still burned out on this place. You won't see me too often.

Very nice for you, I'm sure I won't miss you & the best part is we won't have to bother you with our silly questions any more.:lol:

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom