Random Chit Chat

So yesterday I was supposed to start my course in Certificate 4 in Info Tech and I got there about 8am and waited a bit then I heard the boss and the office lady speaking and some dates go messed up when a letter was sent out in November/December and more interviews had to be done. Anyway I the office lady came up to me and asked if I was there to start the course and I replied yes, She then said that it was off until Thursday as they were getting new computer and we got new ones last year with i3's, 500GB HDD & 4GB Ram in every classroom but one. Anyway she organised my shirt for the student help desk (Looking forward to it :D) and then told me to come again on Thursday and Friday then every day next week but Thursday. I wasn't happy that I went in early and go to told the course was off and I am hating it.

I'm assuming you're not talking about your literal shirt... What does that mean? Portfolio/resume?

I'm wondering what the last half of that post means. Seems someone's fingers weren't listening to the brain...:rofl:

I've heard a portfolio/resume called a few different things. Some places here they're referred to as a 'jacket'

So I'm guessing that's what he means, just never heard it called that.

You can largely thank the decay of our public education system for the thousands of 'slang' words we have here.

I'm sure you're familiar with the term "What's up?", generally used to mean "How's it going?" or "What's going on?"

If you lived here, you'd start to get confused, like many other Americans, at some of the ridiculous terms coined by our culture.

For example:
whip = car
kicks = shoes
scrilla = money
duckets = money

... and the list (much larger than above) is growing by the day. I sometimes have to use urbandictionary.com just to figure out what kids these days are saying... and I'm not even old!!

I think you have to be careful when you say "kids these days".
Have you tried looking up the slang they used in the 1920's - "It's the bee's knees".
What about the 60's - "Can you dig it man?"
The 80's - "They were pretty rad"

Every youth generation is going to develop their own language. They say the same thing every generation before them said, they just don't want to sound like their parents while they're doing it. You have no idea what your kids and especially your grand-kids are/will be saying just like your parents and especially your grand-parents had no idea what you were saying. And don't take this the wrong way - I'm sure you didn't just walk up and start speaking slang to either, but you know what I mean.

FWIW (oops, did I just use Internet slang there) I have no idea what either of these mean either.
scrilla = money
duckets = money

Last edited:
Never heard of the money names, plus there's different dialect for different regions.

Like what if I asked yinz guys if ya wanted to get some chip chop an head dawntawn to the igloo, but the tickets for the game are wrapped in a gum band.

Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Computer Forums mobile app

I'd say I prefer turkey and don't really like hockey, but you can take that rubber band of money and we can go watch the Stillers.

How'd I do? I only looked up chip-chop - I knew it was food, just not what exactly.

Back
Top Bottom