Asus N55U DSL connection problem

berties

Solid State Member
Everything working fine last night, this morning no net connection.

Did a reset, I'm on on Be/O2/Sky (bit confusing) UK ADSL So I believe MER, 101, LLC etc.

Nothing. But the supplied O2 router and works.:rolleyes:

Is it a router setup problem or something blown in the Asus router?

Well I only understand about half that post. It sounds like it might be worth a call to the ISP to see if there's an outage first.

I'd suggest looking through the settings on the O2 supplied router which works, writing those down and then checking against the ASUS one. Obviously there will be loads of differences based on custom options, but your core isp connection setup information should be equivalent (VCI, connection type, etc.)
If one router works and the other doesn't then it won't be a networking issue - unless O2 require you to use their infrastructure (there could be technical reasons why this is the case, but I've never come across a situation which enforces this).

Report back the output and we'll see what's next on the list of possibilities. How old is your ASUS router, and how reliable has it been in that time (i.e. no reboots at all, once a month, once a week etc.)?

Sorted it. Within the last 24 hours Sky went from the O2 system - no username/password MER to Sky PPOA username/password required.

Normally running auto detect mode on the Asus set it to MER. But now, it goes to PPOA, and asks for username/password

That's why the supplied router worked, it showed PPOA rather than MER

Managed to find username/password, and worked.

Sky should inform the customers they're changing from one protocol to another...what if I did computer support at home and needed net connection?:rolleyes:

Glad you sorted your problem, I thought it would be something like that.

It's areas such as this, and a whole host more, which is why some ISPs are able to offer insanely cheap broadband deals - poor connection quality, no bandwidth stability, no network-level security measures and generally slow fault response times. In a lot of things in life, you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom