Random Chit Chat

So this is what I've been up to and where I've been.

The first 2 links are the same project but posted at different forums.

My F450 quad platform was a joy to fly but didn't have the room to put all of the FPV gear on and still not only get in the air but have a decent flight time. So I ordered a F550 frame which is a hex platform(6 rotors). So the F450 quad guts got moved over to the hex platform and I just used 4 powered booms. The 2 other booms I wanted to use for camera and other equipment mounting. Would it fly with all the extra weight? Oh baby it sure did. On the maiden flight it was bare of any gear. The next flight had a small camera with a fisheye lens looking back at my bird. One after that was looking straight ahead.

Starting FPV hardware build - HeliFreak
DJI F550 Hex O Quad project

Frankenquad
This project was just to justify spending the money on the lame IFly 4 quad. I finally figured out the booms were twisted and that caused the handeling problems. That was confirmed when the IF4 guts were moved to a DJI F450 quad frame. Flys great. Got a little flight controller mount tweaking left to do and that'll be that for that project.

FrankenQuad Project

This hobby is far more exciting than any computer you could imagine. It costs a lot more but I'm not hurting for money. I just got tired of answering the same questions over and over. I went full time in to this hobby and have not looked back.
I'm sitting down tonight to put the FPV gear together and test it out.

attachment.php

If I do come by and visit CF, it's just going to be to post something about flying in the random chit chat thread.
By the way. Here's my badass ladies.

attachment.php

It's the taste.

For some reason the taste makes me feel sick. My innards turn upside down.

I tried to trick my self it is good for the health and ignore the taste but I failed.

I can eat all veggies that are not - don't need to be - cooked except for tomatoes.

Your the second person i'v talked to that don't like tomatoes, so your not alone my friend.

I've become an uncle :D

My sister had a baby boy this morning :)

Congrats man, i'm happy for you. ;)

My F450 quad platform was a joy to fly but didn't have the room to put all of the FPV gear on and still not only get in the air but have a decent flight time. So I ordered a F550 frame which is a hex platform(6 rotors). So the F450 quad guts got moved over to the hex platform and I just used 4 powered booms. The 2 other booms I wanted to use for camera and other equipment mounting. Would it fly with all the extra weight? Oh baby it sure did. On the maiden flight it was bare of any gear. The next flight had a small camera with a fisheye lens looking back at my bird. One after that was looking straight ahead.

Frankenquad
This project was just to justify spending the money on the lame IFly 4 quad. I finally figured out the booms were twisted and that caused the handeling problems. That was confirmed when the IF4 guts were moved to a DJI F450 quad frame. Flys great. Got a little flight controller mount tweaking left to do and that'll be that for that project.

FrankenQuad Project

This hobby is far more exciting than any computer you could imagine. It costs a lot more but I'm not hurting for money. I just got tired of answering the same questions over and over. I went full time in to this hobby and have not looked back.

attachment.php

If I do come by and visit CF, it's just going to be to post something about flying in the random chit chat thread.

attachment.php

Awesome sauce, those are cool toys. :)

Frankenquad

FrankenQuad Project

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool, Nice work :)

guys please.
You don't have to quote the hole post including images just to reply to it.
Specially when it's nothing more than "Awesome sauce, those are cool toys." and "Cool, Nice work"
It takes up space and it's unnecessarily.

btw. Nice toys setishock.
I am jealous.

Back
Top Bottom