Dreams and Psychology. Your Experience.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Hey, how's it going ya'll :D

So, ever had a dream that really touched you? I don't mean a short term touch like waking you up scared or just sad, the usual thing, I mean something that stays with you for some time.

Anyway, enough with this boring introduction and let's get down to business :D

Here is my experience:

I once had a dream of me and a child standing on front of a fridge. The child was someone I don't know that looked, deciding by his worn-out dress and figure, very poor, very sad as I saw on his face, and starving with hunger. The kinda person that really feels like all sadness and sorrow of the world are on their shoulders.

The kid opened the door of the fridge while I was standing right by his side, looked around inside and his face started to change with a faint smile. He then extended his arm very slowly with a very week looking and shaky hands inside and picked up a red radish, a small one, held it tight to his chest, did the same again but with one a little bigger than the first holding them both very tight. His face became full of happiness like those two radishes brought life to his body.

Then something really bad happened. I was watching him all the time with no emotions or feelings at all. Seeing him holding the two radishes tight like it meant everything to him, looking like he's the happiest in the world, I forcefully took the two radishes from him without caring or thinking about his feeling, returned it back to the fridge and closed the door.

As I did that awful and merciless act, I started to cry very hard in a way I don't remember when I did the last time. I woke up, and was crying with loud moans. Tears hammered down like a waterfall. My facial expressions changed like I had full facial plastic surgery job to have the saddest crying face in the world. I sat down on the bed holding my head and wiping the crazy amount of tears. I stayed like that for sometime trying to hold back my sadness that it felt like hours crying.

This dream can't leave my mind. I feel I did something bad to someone in real life. Now I give away more to poor children I see in the streets. I think I ow the poor so much as I skipped the alms (obligatory charity in my culture) and its conditions are probably met on my side.

:(

Here's the thing about dreams and any interpretation you will ever get. I personally believe that they can hold meaning or truth to our everyday lives. However, I also believe that we sometimes place value on dreams that have none... most dreams are meaningless. So, to say with any kind of certainty that they apply or not is really anyone's guess. With that being said, here's what I took of that.

IMHO:
The child would represent purity in need. Anyone with small children could tell you that children typically only eat or take food when hungry. I know with my children, I've never found them hoarding food whilst very young, and they don't get the concept of 'packing food for later'... so they really only take what is needed (depending on age). Given that the child was tattered and looked very poor would seem to strengthen that assumption, that he truly needed the food.

While I don't completely understand your financial situation, you don't seem to be doing too poorly yourself, so the child's garb could simply represent those of lesser financial ability. Perhaps even a class of people in your country.

The fact that you (in the dream) take the radishes from the child and return them to the fridge could represent a few things that your subconscious is trying to relay.

1. You are a selfish person and your subconscious is trying to tell you to quit it. The subconscious is putting it in context that will get your attention (the outburst of crying). Perhaps your subconscious is telling you to start getting involved with helping those in need?
2. You're not necessarily a selfish person, but there's more you can do. The radish seems like such a trivial thing to keep for yourself, especially from a hungry child. Perhaps you feel some kind of guilt for the divide in 'class' in your country and feel there's more you can do?
3. It means absolutely nothing. It's a jacked up dream, sure, but it could mean absolutely nothing from a standpoint of "There's a hidden message." Chances are, there's no hidden message, but that doesn't mean you can't take something away from it. Like you said, perhaps there's more you can do, perhaps not. You need to make that decision and how it effects your everyday life.

So, ever had a dream that really touched you?

I once had a premonition about a vacation that contained four events, with the last one being pretty devastating. The vacation was in a part of the country I'd never seen before, and the premonition was eerily accurate in regards to the location. The first event in the dream, when it happened while in the woods, more or less made me watch for the remaining events. The second and third event happened as portrayed in the dream, and the fourth event was to occur at a location which I immediately recognized from the dream. As soon as I saw it, I left. I have no idea if that last event would've come true or not had I stayed there, but the first three were right on the money, so I was pretty comfortable not finding out.

Last edited:
Here's the thing about dreams and any interpretation you will ever get. I personally believe that they can hold meaning or truth to our everyday lives. However, I also believe that we sometimes place value on dreams that have none... most dreams are meaningless. So, to say with any kind of certainty that they apply or not is really anyone's guess. With that being said, here's what I took of that.

Dreams are the easiest way for the brain to process events that have happened in our lives, or ones we have witnessed. However I guess how much meaning dreams have, would depend on how accurately they are translated.

However I don't read too much into my dreams. After all the brain "turns off" our logic thought process when sleeping. Hence some really odd dreams.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

So, ever had a dream that really touched you? I don't mean a short term touch like waking you up scared or just sad, the usual thing, I mean something that stays with you for some time.

I have. My dreams tend to be fairly disturbing (I don't even want to know how many times I've killed myself now...) but they don't normally stick with me. There is one really clear exception though. The scale and vividness of it were enough to severely mess me up for quite some time (to this day really.)

This is probably going to be a bit long, and I apologize for any parts that don't get conveyed well.

Anyway, to start, I guess I should explain what was happening at the time. I was home alone, at about 2-3 PM and decided to lie down on the floor since I wasn't feeling well. I locked the door, pushed some pillows against the wall, and then lied down on my stomach and eventually fell asleep. After a little bit, I suddenly heard a crashing noise, and was jolted back conscious, but trapped in sleep paralysis (remember: lying on stomach, face down so I couldn't see anything.) From what I could hear, there were two men in the room who had broken into the house and kicked in my door. I let out a groaning noise in my attempts to rouse myself out of sleep paralysis. This alerted them to my presence. The next thing I felt was a very sharp pain in the back of my neck, followed by warmth (from blood) surrounding the area. At this point, the men ran away and left me lying there. Then came a very intense feeling of suffocation. I noticed that I wasn't breathing anymore, and couldn't move my body at all (I can usually wiggle my toes or control breathing in sleep paralysis if I focus hard.) The suffocating feeling kept getting more and more intense, and I could feel my consciousness being pulled deeper and deeper into a void. After this, an intense feeling of peace came over me, and nothing seemed to matter anymore. After a while, my consciousness ceased to exist entirely.

Then all of a sudden, I woke up, disoriented, in that same spot on the floor. It took me a minute, then I remembered that I had fallen asleep there a couple hours before. I remembered nothing of the dream I had just experienced.

About a month later, I'm walking in the mall with a friend. As I'm standing there, looking at something in one of the shop windows, it all came back to me, but I interpreted it as a real event rather than a dream at the time. After this, the lights in the store suddenly started getting increasingly bright, until I was completely blinded, only able to see white. I felt a sucking sensation, and I was suddenly back on the floor right after I had gotten hit in the neck. Again, I went through the entire process of "death," before waking up with my memory of the whole thing erased. This time, it didn't take quite as long to remember, maybe a week or two. It came back to me as I was standing in the grocery store. Again, the same intense white light and sucking sensation occurred, as I was pulled back into my body right after being killed. Yet again, I went through the entire process of death, and woke up with my memory erased.

Then it kept happening. I'd estimate 15 times in total, over the course of about two years (yes, it actually felt like that much time had passed.) As it went on, the gap between me remembering the event and my re-experiencing of it kept increasing. At first, it was just a couple minutes, but toward the end, I'd wake up still remembering parts of what had happened. Each loop also became increasingly hazy, to the point where I remember pretty much no details from some of the later ones besides that they happened. I also got a very clear sense that some being (a god, I suppose) was putting me through this for their own amusement. Toward the end of it, I remember pleading with them to stop this torture, to which they responded (telepathically) with "No." This caused me to finally give up and hang myself, but all that did was throw me back in the time loop.

Eventually, when I finally did wake up, I just interpreted it as another repetition. It took at least a week before I finally convinced myself the whole thing was a dream, but I continued to have moments where I'd seriously question reality for a while after that. Even now, the whole thing feels so vivid, it's a bit weird to think that none of it was real.

So yeah, this was my most disturbing dream. Hopefully it's the type of thing you were looking for. It definitely caused a clear change in my personality (I became a lot more cold, withdrawn, and just screwed up in general after all this) and it also removed any fear of death I'd had. That intense peaceful feeling I experienced after the initial terror wore off is enough to have me seriously contemplating suicide at times. I know that the reality may be completely different, but if that's what death actually feels like, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone here would recognize my avatar, but this would be the reason for that choice.

Last edited:
Dreams are your brain's way of assimilating your day to day events and are they weird ever. :)

I have one reoccurring dream that I don't understand. I can be anywhere doing stuff and my quest is to get home. I know where home is and sometimes I see it but never get there.

One other dream is annoying but it was a necessary one. In my dreams I needed to go to bathroom but they're always occupied or an empty one with bunch of people around like in the middle of a dance floor or something crowded. Weird I know but I wake up needing to go to bathroom. Thank you brain for not allowing me to soil my bed. LOL

http://www.computerforums.org/forums/12144549-post2.html

I'm financially doing fine, thank God, at the moment as I'm still not married and live with the family. Getting married will change that for certain.

Interpretation no. 2 is the one that fits me. That, plus probably my anxiety for delaying the alms (compulsory charity) for five years. Worrying so much about something makes the subconscious release the issue as a dream some times. I guess I am feeling guilty deep inside.

As for your dream, it seems to be a random dream to me. Being a premonition means it is something that didn't happen or a collection of thoughts got mixed up together and materialized as a dream.

I wouldn't worry about such dreams. I had so many similar. Thinking of or just bringing the idea of death and committing suicide is most of the time connected to loss of hope which is the result of having difficulties in life.

http://www.computerforums.org/forums/12144603-post4.html

Vivid dreams are common it a young age. I personally had dreams of drowning and feeling the water wetting my body, touching body cuts and feeling the wet blood and realizing I'm dreaming and doing things knowing I have no restrictions to do because I'm dreaming. Now I almost never have these kinda dreams any more, specially the last kind. The most fun I might add.

You seem to have had a difficult life Foothead. Don't give up to it. I can see you're strong and dealing with it, so keep doing that. Be optimistic. Life is beautiful as long as your doing your part faithfully and righteously.

I rarely remember my dreams.
But when i do it's always ether weird or violent.

Well, I guess "weird" covers it all fairly enough :rolleyes:

I never, and by never I mean maybe 10 times a year, do I remember any dreams.

I guess your life is free of problematic worries. Those who don't think much for not having worried in life, dream less, or forget dreams fast.

Dreams are your brain's way of assimilating your day to day events and are they weird ever. :)

I have one reoccurring dream that I don't understand. I can be anywhere doing stuff and my quest is to get home. I know where home is and sometimes I see it but never get there.

One other dream is annoying but it was a necessary one. In my dreams I needed to go to bathroom but they're always occupied or an empty one with bunch of people around like in the middle of a dance floor or something crowded. Weird I know but I wake up needing to go to bathroom. Thank you brain for not allowing me to soil my bed. LOL

Actually, I'd say darn you brain for wetting my bed :)

More than once, I had dreams I'm in a need to let go and when I manage to reach the toilet and let it go, I let it go for real :facepalm:

I wake up cursing that dream. An occupied bathroom in dreams is a bless :eek:

As for your dream, it seems to be a random dream to me. Being a premonition means it is something that didn't happen or a collection of thoughts got mixed up together and materialized as a dream.

I wouldn't worry about such dreams. I had so many similar. Thinking of or just bringing the idea of death and committing suicide is most of the time connected to loss of hope which is the result of having difficulties in life.

I'll expand a little... I assure you that it was no "random" collection of thoughts.

After getting home from Iraq, some friends and I were headed to Lake Tahoe, CA. More specifically, Fallen Leaf Lake. Now, even though I'd grown up in California, I'd never been to the Tahoe area. We planned to leave on Friday morning.

The night before we left, Thursday night, I had the above mentioned dream.
The first event was this (in the dream)
James and I were driving up to the cabin on a dirt road in my car when I heard two loud pops. We stop, get out of the car and both driver side tires are flat. James is standing to my left and says "Damn dude, that's f***ed up!".
[...]
The fourth event in the dream wasn't exactly life changing, but my new car was stolen outside a hotel in Tahoe (Now, I would've lived, yes, but I also would've paid dearly for being late to formation when liberty ended the following Wednesday. Finding a ride from Tahoe to 29 Palms would've also sucked)
All I remember about the fourth event was that my car, and everything in it, was stolen and I distinctly remember the balcony on the corner of the hotel.

So, Friday we leave for Tahoe.

Plenty of drinking Friday and Saturday and life goes on.

Sunday morning, James and I head down to the restaurant on the lake and have some breakfast. On our way back up, almost to the cabin which is on our left, I hear two loud pops. We both get out to find both driver side tires flat from a protruding rock on the side of the road. James says: "Damn dude, that's f***ed up!"

That's when I immediately recalled the rest of the dream and turned 'glow in the dark' pale white.

Sunday went on and loosely revealed the second and third events... they weren't exactly how the dream went, but they still related.

On Monday, before we headed back to 29 palms, we wanted to check out the main lake. So, driving through town, I found a small turn in that led to a parking lot, where I parked and we got out. As soon as I exited the car, there was the exact same balcony I had seen in the dream.

Everyone back in the car, Now!

We moved to a different spot closer to the lake, and I didn't let my car out of my sight.

So, again, it's not like some dream saved my life from certain disaster... but I would strongly classify that as a premonition. Seeing events and places with no prior knowledge of either... yea it was a quite the experience.

I can relate to that. I called it deja vu. :)

I had some weird dreams that I saw later in life.

Back
Top Bottom