How do I get rid of these pops ups?

Opps, spoke to soon!!

The main pop up one I think was virus related as that has no come for a while so I am hopeing it is gone, however the small one in the bottem left that is the same as OP is back...Im gonna get cc and run it, and install Adblock and see if that nukes the b"£$%!".

I would check your addons of the effected browser and make sure that no funky ones are installed. From the screenshot, it seems you're running IE. Try running that in No Addons mode (search your start menu for Internet Explorer and select "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)").

If it still persists without addons enabled, you most likely have some sort of adware. I'd recommend running Malwarebytes, and I've heard good things about AdAware and SUPER Anti-spyware, so try running those as well.

Have you tried creating a new user account and giving it full admin rights. Then log in with that new account and clean places such as C:\windows\temp. Also clear all internet temp files via internet options in control panel.

Lastly go in to your start menu. In the Run box (or search programs and files) and type in there %appdata% and hit Enter. Once in there go in to Local\temp and clear everything from there also.

Don't worry if it says it can't clear one or two files. These are usually virus program log files it needs.

After that do a reboot. Then once back up log on with your usual account and delete the temp user accout you created before. See if that lot helps.

If you have any luck with this please post back and let us know. Good luck ;)

Ok its confirmed, deffintly the main pop up I was getting was virus related as it went away after removing that virius and booting back up, other one was still around though so ran CCcleaner and am going to do regularly from now on and downloaded adblock add on for chrome, no signs of any pop ups now! Also made sure there were no toolbars or add on which there were not.

I'm also think its gonna be a good ideas to get into the habbit of running a monthly virus scan as macafee clearly dose not stop all virus with realtime, but will find the on a scan, and I'm think I should also start using cc cleaner once every week or two and running a defrag every three to six months or so.

May be try something like MSE - Microsoft security essentials instead of Mcafee. It's free and works great and virus signatures are updates all the time.

Of course if you do move to another Anti-virus make sure to completely remove any other's before hand. But i am glad to hear you got rid of your issue in the end :)

Did you run Malwarebytes? It will remove adware. You can also go into the control panel and make sure you don't have any programs installed there that shouldn't be.

No I have not run malware bytes but if I get any more issues I will, Seem I ended up hijacking the OPs thread so sorry about that, but he really hassent said much or if he fixed it.

Macafee is genraly pretty good and has good detection rates and normaly up to date, I have the all access protection, which in my opion is better than MSE, I use it as my dad pays for the lecense and we have the whole familys tbalets / phones / laptops / pcs on the same program it keeps it simple plus macafee has some great features on tablets.

Back
Top Bottom