How do I get rid of these pops ups?

Normal

Solid State Member
Hello there all. I have an issue with my computer and wondering if someone can help me. My issue is that whenever I open a browser I have these ads/pop-ups like in the pictures below. I don't know if it's a virus or something, but I might have gotten it from downloading something. I'm wondering if someone knows what I can do to fix this issue is there an free software for this? Thank you.

Attachments

• pop ups.jpg
    pop ups.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 10
EDITED: ps sorry the email is back to front read from bottem up.

Hay I have the same problem with both the pop up in the corner and another pop up, here is a copy of an email I sent to a family member wich explains what I have done and my situation.

are you useing chrome by any chance? That is what I am useing.

OTHER PERSON.

New to me in this respect I would till check browser config or uninstall broweser after installing alternative and reinstalling if you prefer that one. I tend to stick with Firefox and chrome.

ME
On 18 Jan 2014 19:03, <xxxxx> wrote:

googleing it just gives this message and a nice cartoon poicturte of a frenidly walurus! LOL

Domain Status: Configured Correctly
The domain is setup and currently online. Please contact a system administrator for further information.

Automatically generated as of: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:02:15 -0800

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:48 PM
To: ME

What browser are you using?
Chrome has funny settings that can trip you up like this.
If you can wait I will look when home but I am not following link
Also Google the first part of the link up to the.com

ME
On 18 Jan 2014 18:02, <xx> wrote:

Hmm odd!

I keep getting a pop up window in my browser, not all the time but often when I refresh a page / open a link / view a picture or just click anything that makes the browser send or recive information. (on any site not just one site)

The pop up is nothing but rubbish, it is not takeing me to a dodgy site or trying to sell me anything, or download anything it just says error page failed to load / or something like that.

Here is the page that pops up, its always a new window and always the same link.

http://www.hpylgr.com/sc?p=OTc1MjI2...cD6DgpPhoy/GkpeIYY7Z5YelM/iCI+Wvq&l=1&a=0&d=1

I have had no alerts from MacAfee so this is ether a undetected / new virus,malware ect that MacAfee has let slip past or I have no clue, as said MacAfee has given no alearts yet, been doing it for a few hours now, beging to get annoying now.

Clearing my cookies has not got rid of ether.

Advice?

Sent from Windows Mail

I am runnuig a scan now, and although in the email i said macafee never detected anything my scan has just finshed and I found a virus, I will update with info in a minuet, just gotta go chack it out....not sure why the real time scanning did not find it before now!

Last edited:
Ok I am still getting that random pop up in the bottem right of the screen it is sometimes questions and somtimes a short video.

no signs of other pop up but not been 10mins yet so might still have it.

I have the virus ID here though but dont know anything about it or how to use the ID, no idea if it is even related.

But you might want to run a scan anyways.

Thank you that link is usefull, I already use CCleaner and will give that a go, see how it is after that.

Any updates on your end OP? Did not mean to steal the thread sorry XD!

EDIT: removed the virus but pop ups still happing, both of them, gonna do some pc cleaning with those tools after a restart, will do tommoro though getting late, and install chrome adblock.

Good luck to OP, ill report on progress tommmoro.

Ok just woken up and booted up my PC, I have not installed CC cleaner or run another scan or installed addblock However theose peksy adds, both of them have gone away for now, no idea why...Maby it was that virus I deleted, in wich case OP I highly suggest you scan your systerm if it has not already been done.

Maby it was just it needed a reboot after getting rid of the virus.

Back
Top Bottom