Random Chit Chat

Why is it that laptop batteries are getting more and more difficult to get apart? The last few I've had were pretty much impossible to open without completely destroying the case in the process.

Some chinese company sent me the wrong laptop battery. I didn't feel like waiting weeks without a functioning laptop again, so this is what's powering it for now (I at least covered with tape.)

b4dcf84c-398b-46a1-b4aa-beb2d44ded08.jpg

Some chinese company sent me the wrong laptop battery. I didn't feel like waiting weeks without a functioning laptop again, so this is what's powering it for now (I at least covered with tape.)

b4dcf84c-398b-46a1-b4aa-beb2d44ded08.jpg

Some times you just have to do what you gotta do to get by. I believe in jerry rigging up stuff too as long as it works, who cares what it looks like right?. :D

^ Pretty much. It's just a temporary measure anyway. I'm going to order a new battery again. OEM this time.

I was feeling pretty okay today, so I started working on my latest project. It's a small plywood boat that I can use for litter carrying and so I can take friends/relatives out kayaking. All the pieces are cut out, and it's about halfway constructed now.

0119142142.jpg

The design is based off Hannu's "The Dug." It's made with a single sheet of 1/2 inch plywood and several tubes of construction adhesive. Pretty much an experiment. I have no idea if the adhesive is going to hold up when filleted into gaps (and believe me there are plenty of gaps) so I'll be towing a backup boat the first couple trips.

Last edited:
Here goes my sixth attempt at posting this. The image attachment function is no longer working on mobile, and photobucket is becoming increasingly useless (It now takes over a minute for the android app to display my uploaded pictures, if it does so at all.) I finally gave up and booted my computer just to make this post, so at least it should finally go through now. Anyway, here's what I was going to say:

It was four degrees most of last night, so I decided to give the glue another day to fully cure. If I'm feeling up to it tomorrow, I'll remove the braces and get started putting the second half together. For now, I flipped it over and got another picture.

Definitely not pretty with all that adhesive smeared everywhere, but it should still work okay. I'm going to try cleaning it up a bit with sandpaper before applying varnish. Excuse the mess in the background. I had to shuffle things around to make room to work.

EDIT: Also, it seems the bayou cleanup group I work with got featured on the local news on Saturday. Maybe we'll be getting more help now. Link.

Last edited:
That is quite a project you got going on, can't wait to see what the finished product will look like. Working with wood can be fun but i guess you have to have a nack for something like that. My only ambition is working with electronics, but i never really had any big projects. I do like to fix things though.

Back
Top Bottom