Its No Gameing Rig But Can It Play Anything?

AnthonyMcEwen

Baseband Member
Id like to get into gameing, and do plan on building a kickass gameing Rig when I am employed again, Im mainly intrested in FPS games and a few raceing games are there any of these my systerm would be able to play, ideal ones with online mulitplayer like COD/Battlefield, but I think my PC may not be up to these even on low Settings.

I dont mind buying the game, what I dont like is "Free to play" games such as battlefield for free ect, as you always need to spend money just to play them as any guns ect you can get by playing for free are massivly crap and your at a loss to paying players and to buy the ingame content often cost more than to buy decent game in the firstplace, just wondering if there is anything out there my systerm can play that still has a decent playerbase online.

Specs are as follows.

AMD ATHLON II X2 250 3GHZ CPU
4GB DDR3 1600MHZ HYPERBLUE RAM
ASUS M4A78LT-M MOTHERBOARD
320GB HARDRIVE
430 COASSAIR POWERSURRPLY.
WINDOWS 8.1
SOLID 10MB+ INTERNET
Sahhpire HD6450 1GB DDR3 graphics card

As said it is a really old slow machine, well it runs smooth and fairly fast for everday use but its no moden fandangled thing...

specs are provided by CPU-Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited, and looking into if there's a post count requirement to edit. Will get back to you on that.

Re: Gaming Rig
The 'slow' part is probably coming from Windows 8.1. If you put Win7 on it (if avail), it should run quite nicely.

As far as games, you should be able to play anything released in Summer 2010 or previous on pretty high settings.
You should be able to play most, if not all, new games, but with the graphics turned down to lower settings.

Re: player base
You'd be surprised how many online gamers stick to certain games. For example, Day of Defeat (released in '05) still has a huge number of players online. Finding games is never an issue.

What kind of games are you interested in playing?

Last edited:
Ok,maby I lied, its actually quite smooth, can't complain about its speed, I just mean it ain't no I7, 8GB ram GTX770TI beast XD, nothiing like a lot of u guys are running haha.

I never paid a penny for it so not doing to bad XD.

Re: editing, I belive its because there is a time limit as part of the fourm setup, so I just have to live with it but co!eimg from many other forms I have never seen it before and can't understand the logic of why that is setup that way, but I not the admin so I won't make a fuss, but I will just say it sucks IMO.

As for games shooting games like first person shooter such as battlefield and COD or anything like that, there are a fewrsceing games that look good to.

I'm pretty open to try all sorts though as I am new to gameing.

Cheers.

Did think about upgrading it, but then thought is it worth it, as I'd need a new powersurrply, as well and then I might as well a decent graphics card.... So I'll proberly just wait till I can afford to build a nice full tower gameing PC.

Yeah in a way its worth upgrading but if you want a really good PC for gaming then save up. Some thing like this graphics card MSI Radeon R7 250 OC 2GB GDDR3 | R7 250 2GD3 OC, This CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Six Core 3.2GHz Socket AM3 - OEM | HDT90ZFBK6DGR and power supply Corsair Builder Series Modular CX600M - 600 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Power Supply | CP-9020060-UK.

Power Supply £58.98
CPU £99.98
Graphics Card £69.98

Total £228.94

Thanks for all the answers guys!

looks like building a rig to a futureproof spec is going to cost 1500+GBP's! so might up grade as a stop gap, will have to see how funds go over the next few mounths ect, aka if I can get a job!!

Edited, and looking into if there's a post count requirement to edit. Will get back to you on that.

Re: Gaming Rig
The 'slow' part is probably coming from Windows 8.1. If you put Win7 on it (if avail), it should run quite nicely.

Hmmmm many tests have actually shown that most programs run faster and better on Win 8.1 than they do on 7.

Hmmmm many tests have actually shown that most programs run faster and better on Win 8.1 than they do on 7.

Imo windows 8/8.1 are as crappy as windows vista and major mistakes for microsoft unless of coarse you have a touch screen which then i guess is cool but still i have found many performance issues with windows 8 and downgrading to windows 7 actually showed quite a performance boost

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom