Bad Internet Connection

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have a USB Dongle for my internet connection, and it's very very slow. I want to get something faster for my desktop because whenever I play Alliance of Vailiant Arms, I lose my connection because it's not getting a good connection, and Ranlink says it's a weak connection.... So my question is, what would be the best wireless PCI or mini PCI card would be the best for what I want to do? Should I get one with a 5 dbi antenna?

First, gaming over wifi is going to suck. Second, if you not getting a good signal it's likely that any adapter won't get a good signal unless you want to pay a good chunck of change for a high end one.

I've heard good things about powerline adapters, though I have no experience with them.
Newegg.com - TP-LINK TL-PA2010KIT AV 200Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit

I'm thinking about getting a set for my house too to go into my basement where the wifi isn't that good as well.

Go with jmacavali. I have a ser and even with a switch there is no real signal loss. They require no setup and with a decent set you don't even sacrifice a power socket.

Only downside is they are anywhere from £50 -£150, if not more.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Hay, I have one of those power socket things, dad gave to me, its a good one I think, I always assumed it was a last resort thing for when you could not use wifi, but are you saying it would actualy be faster/better than useing wifi?

Are there any downsides I should know about as I might plug mine in if I will get better speeds, I am on a 40mb line but only get 15mb on wifi but my tablets all get higher I think I just dont get good signal were my PC is and this could be an aswomse way to fix that as wired connection is not option.

It seems from the research I've done, you will get 100Mb (based on the network cards of your computer and your router). They sell 1Gb ones too if your computer and router can handle those speeds. It's my understanding that you get close to those numbers because it's essentially like running a Cat5 cable between your computer and router.

Right tried it out and on control pannel it says I have a conection speed of 100MBS as you stated but ofcourse not real world speed as I only have a 40mb line, and in reality when tesdted i am getting 21mb/s consantly wich is much better than the 10-15 i was getting.

I will never get the full 40 due to other users in the house and other users in the local area ect / contension or whatever its called but much better, might keep this XD!

I have a bad feeling my dad will want it back though....might need to save up for my own XD!

Sorry XD....on the other hand, while I may get 15 over WiFi downloading stiff is normally no faster than 4mb a second ect even though my speed tests say 15MBS, but with the wall power adapter I seem to actually get the stated speed even when downloading things its insanley fast, browsing is like lightning, donwloded a 65mb file yesterday in like two seconds, blink and you miss it.

So I would highly reomend getting ons , should let you utilise you connection to its fullest.

Dads not let me keep mine =( so gonna get my own, also gonna get a new one as the one I'm looking at powers down when not in use, so should help WOTH bill, I noticed this one stays warm even when not in use so is clearly using a bit of power or something even when not in use.

I suggest that you make sure it is not the router that's losing signal transmission not the wireless dongle. Try connecting another device like a mobile to the router wirelessly and check it out.

Just to diagnose the problem and know it better.

Back
Top Bottom