Which Graphics Card? {Nvidia GTX}

BlitzingNinja

Baseband Member
Hello

I have recently just built a computer with really good specs and I am now looking for a new graphics card.

I have survived being able to play a game like Battlefield 3 on low settings but I would prefer if I was able to play it on at least High to Ultra settings!

I also record games quite a lot and I need a card that can keep my FPS still high even though I am recording.

I was thinking of getting a Nvidia GTX760 OC but as you may know, that is quite an expensive card!

I was hoping some of you could suggest a GTX series card for me which will be able to run Battlefield 3 on the settings I mentioned, handle recording software in the background and be at a reasonable price.

Price Range: $100 - $350. Preferably in the $100 - $250 area.

Thanks

To be honest anything lower than the 760 might struggle with what you want. I certainly won't go lower than a 660.

May I ask why you haven't mentioned AMD. You can get one of their top end cards for that sort of price.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

To be honest anything lower than the 760 might struggle with what you want. I certainly won't go lower than a 660.

May I ask why you haven't mentioned AMD. You can get one of their top end cards for that sort of price.

Mossiac

Just a few questions about AMD cards:
1. Does AMD match the performance ratio of Nvidia cards?
2. Is AMD a reliable brand?

I looked into some AMD Cards with my dad and found a few sources...

Would a Radeon 7770 do the job? $110

As I am only running on one moniter and can upgrade at a later date if needed.

If not, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for the fast reply!

1) Depends on what card. At some prices Nvidia is slightly better and other prises AMD is slightly better. Nvidia and AMD is always trying to compete with each other. Right now they are very equal.
2) They are. Both their CPU's and GPU's. however when talking about their CPU's i must say, you get what you pay for.

I am not very found of the 7770. It's a VERY low end card. I'll not even consider it being a gaming card.

You can get the 2GB version of the 660 for $184.99 at Newegg if your are in the US and the 2GB version of 770 for $344.99 Newegg. Like BikerEcho and Mossiac said consider going to the AMD route as they make good cards at good prices that offer good performance.

Thank You everyone, Bikerecho once again, BK_123 once again and Mossaic for contributing to this question!

I believe now that my dad and I have a good enough idea of what we are going to look for.

We most likely will be purchasing a AMD card as you have suggested since they are really good cards for a decent price.

Thank You once again!
See you soon :)
Blitzingninja

That's ok glad I could help in some way. Just remember to read reviews from a couple of different sites before you buy. Might avoid any issues then.

Mossiac

Glad to help.
You should check out the article. It will help you choose a card

Best Mid-Range Graphics Cards: $120 To $200 - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2014

I was just about to post this link and was scrolling down and just happen to catch that you posted it. :thumb:

Just as an FYI: Best Enthusiast Graphics Cards: $200 To $350 - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2014

and: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
(the chart can be confusing but basically, the best cards are at the top and it's an attempt to compare back and forth the performace)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom