Upgrading my video card, need advice.

jfirusta

Baseband Member
I currently have an Nvidia GeForce 610 1GB running in my PC, I want to upgrade to another Nvidia card for better performance in gaming. My budget is about $150, would I be better off with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB or a Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 2GB? If there's a better Nvidia option in the $150 range let me know. Thanks!

There are pro's and con's.

The GTX 650 Ti will perform better at rendering more complex graphic compositions and processing a higher number of graphic elements faster.

The GTX 650 handles high resolution monitors better than the Ti

End of the day; The Ti is the better option in that pool of choices.

I may just jump to the 650 ti 2gb, it's not much more. Basically trying to get Skyrim running a bit prettier, right now I've got minimal specs, also going to be doubling my RAM. Thanks for the advice.

Yeh I have this card and it runs skyrim on ultra fine I would also upgrading to 8gb of ram if you can you don't need more than that

Glad to help.
You should check out the article. It will help you choose a card

Best Mid-Range Graphics Cards: $120 To $200 - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2014

I was just about to post this link and was scrolling down and just happen to catch that you posted it. :thumb:

Just as an FYI: Best Enthusiast Graphics Cards: $200 To $350 - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2014

and: Graphics Card Performance Hierarchy Chart - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2014
(the chart can be confusing but basically, the best cards are at the top and it's an attempt to compare back and forth the performace)

This was from another video card thread posted this morning. May be worthwhile...

Back
Top Bottom