Deal or No Deal - Box 23

John Bull

In Runtime
This new Box 23 introduction is a farce.

Apparently, the Adjudicator and/or Banker decide the contents of Box 23. This is outright dishonest and subject to individual manipulation relative to their whims and fancies as to what is loaded. Also it is subject to their view of the particular contestant whether to put a pig in the poke or a rewarding sum.

It is a scam.

If only ONE Box 23 is available, then to have an honest game, it must be loaded at random by some automated process completely independent to human manipulation.

The only other way is to have 5 Box 23`s, one for each content variation and let the contestant select the box of their choice. At the end, the remaining 4 boxes could then be opened to prove all is above board.

It is the most dishonest feature I have ever seen on any TV game show.

Also, each contestant is kept in a cosy hotel foe around 3 weeks for the duration of their stay until selected to appear. How does anybody in normal life manage to take 3 weeks plus off work and leave their other domestic responsibilities ?

The impression that a contestant is chosen on the day is a sham. These people know a week in advance which day they will appear, in order for their friends and families to arrange for time off work and 3 days travel and overnight stay.

To have a spontaneous contestant selection and convenient attendance of friends and families is impossible. People have commitments and employers do not place a game show above their own industrial or commercial business activities.

Last edited:
I remember watching that show on tv, I thought it was a cool show. Howey Mandel was an awesome host. As more and more shows came into the light , the ratings for deal or no deal dropped but none the less, I liked that show.

I am sorry, my post was about the UK version. I never realized that this Forum is largely populated by American members, who do not know what I am talking about. I thought it was a UK Forum.

I am sorry, my post was about the UK version. I never realized that this Forum is largely populated by American members, who do not know what I am talking about. I thought it was a UK Forum.

Oh pls I'm German don't you know that? :p xD :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom