Upgrading?

Newbie84

Solid State Member
I Have a Dell Dimension 3000, I've had it for 8 years. Is there any upgrades I could do to it? Let me know what I could do to it.

Something that old usually isn't worth upgrading. You might be able to throw more RAM at it and bigger hard drive.

It can only support up to 2GB of ram and your upgrade path isn't good. You are better custom building a new and better PC which is very good and you will be recommended to do so by the majority of members here, Have a look at the DIY kits that Newegg offer Newegg.com - DIY PC Combos, DIY Computer Bundles which are very cheap.

Last edited:
If you want to upgrade, RAM is properly the only think worth considering.
According to this web site it only supports 1 GB of RAM and comes with only 256mb
Dell Dimension 3000 Specs (Celeron D 2.4GHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, XP Home) - Desktops - CNET Reviews

I have found this 1x1 kit on ebay for a low price of 18 bucks.
Newegg.com - 1GB DDR PC2700 333 MHz LOW DENSITY MEMORY FOR DESKTOP

For a computer this old, i'll recommend switching to an OS that is designed to run on older computers.
Checkout Linux Lubuntu. It will do wonders on that old PC compared to a windows OS

@BK 123 what OS do they come with? @BikerEcho I'll Give that a try, What's the better way to download the file?

I would personally just build a new PC that isn't worth investing any money on.

Let us know what path you want to take and we can help.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Well I decided to build my computer. So any info you guys have to help out it would be nice. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom