Low Profile? card installation in a normal midi tower.

AnthonyMcEwen

Baseband Member
I am not sure if the terms are correct, but I have a card I want to install into my PC which is a midi tower, however this card is low profile? Instead of having a normal sized plate on the back of the card its like only 2/3s the length and it has one on the card and another attached by a flat cable that houses another connector.

Can this be made to fit a standard midi tower IO while slot?

This shows what I mean, my PC takes the standard profile on top of the picture but the card has the "double bracket" set up, I have no other brackets but I guess if I could get hold of one I could take off the double brackets and put the connectors in a single normal bracket is this possible?

Thx for any help.

http://www.hisdigital.com/UserFiles/product/200901021210245855jpg

I really want to use this card as it will get rid of the weak point of my machine and bring it up so spec with the rest of the machine.

If it matters I have a GeForce 7300 LE at the moment (I think its a 128mb card) and I am trying to replace it with a HD6450 1GB DDR3 card.

(Its no gameing rig but will hopefully just be that bit better as the rest of my rig ain't to bad.)

=(

It does sound like you have a card with a low profile bracket. You will need to find a regular bracket for that card to use it in a standard sized case.

It does sound like you have a card with a low profile bracket. You will need to find a regular bracket for that card to use it in a standard sized case.

In that picture I have the double low profile brackets so I think you are correct, how do I get a normal not low profile bracket? Can they be bought? And is it hard to change the bracket over?

I will have a rumage through my parts draw but I dont think I have one, think I will need to get one.

I'm not sure where you can get one, but I'm sure they sell them online. It's super easy to change them over, you just have to unscrew the "things" on the outside where you would typically screw in the video card screws (does that make sense?).

What you will have to find is a bracket that matches the types of connections on your card.

I'm not sure where you can get one, but I'm sure they sell them online. It's super easy to change them over, you just have to unscrew the "things" on the outside where you would typically screw in the video card screws (does that make sense?).

What you will have to find is a bracket that matches the types of connections on your card.

Mmm thx, finding the right size one will be the hard part I guess then thx.

I did not buy it, my dad gave it to me from a coworker who is upgrading his home PC.

And I did not buy the rest of my PC ether, I got that given to me from work XD, perks of the job :) it was due to be scrapped and it was to nice to be scrapped so I asked to take it and they said yes WOOT!

Ok, giving the fact that getting this card working will cost me £10 ish plus delivery time from the states, would I be better just buying a cheap card.

I dont know anything about cards but I guess a 1GB GDDR5 card would be better than this and at £20 seems worth a punt and is a steal, its the cheapest card over clockers do yet the more expensive ones are only GDDR3 at 1GB or less, yes its AMD but St this price point (not high end gameing) I dont think nivada is worth paying any extra for?

MSI HD 5450 1024MB GDDR5

Its mainly for very very light games, or just watching HD content on YouTube, I'd like to be able to play 4k YouTube videos as I have the connection and it looks better to me even on my non 4k monitor (I actually use a TV) but it just can't keep up at anything over 1080p so I'm guessing my graphics needed upgrading.

My specs are AMD athlon X2 3.0Ghz, 4 GB 1600 DDR3 Ram and the 7300 card I previously mentioned, I think the only thing lacking for everyday use is a better Graphics card as yes I could put a better CPU in but I want to keep it cheap and I dont think I'll benefit from a. Faster CPU tbh, as I dont plan on adding more ram or anything else ether.

If you want to know any more specs just ask cheers.

Last edited:
So whats the thought here, Get a new buget card / second hand card on ebay or try to get this one working, which will cost almost 10GBP and I cant even be sure it works?

what card would you recomend for my systerm for under 35-40GBP

Back
Top Bottom